TRX-2 Windows 10 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaria

I have a TRX-2 that I have updated succesfully several times. Starting last Sunday (Jan 1st) I could not get Windows 10 64bit to recognize the scanner. After looking around today, I found the drivers in the device manager had reset to a generic usb serial port. When I tried to update it to the Whistler TRX-2 driver Windows would not install it because the drivers were unsigned.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did Whistler forget to update their drivers? Will I end up with another orpahned scanner like the GRE 800 (It has the same problem)?

Dave

TAbirdman

Open EZScan and if you haven't already, update it to the latest version. When done, reboot your PC and THEN connect the scanner to the PC and try it.

dmaria

Open EZScan and if you haven't already, update it to the latest version. When done, reboot your PC and THEN connect the scanner to the PC and try it.

I a bit of a nut when it comes to updating software. I'm always up to date. EZ Scan wasn't the problem. The drivers were.

Whistler tells me that the drivers use a generic USB serial driver and thus do not need a signature, so do not install the driver that Whistler provides because it will complain of not being signed.

Turns out the biggest problem was the scanner itself. After pulling out the 3 hairs I had left, I finally unplugged the power to the scanner and it started working.

TAbirdman

whistler did an update on EZScan for windows 10 to load the "driver". So you don't have to get around the driver issue that you have to do on Windows 8 and 8.1. That is why I suggested to update and reboot your PC.

Yes, never have the unit powered up or even connected to 12 volts when connected to the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.