TRX Android Suite Released - Listen anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

visegrip72

Let's start this weekend off with some good news!

The TRX Android Suite is ready and has been released!

The suite includes an APK to be installed on your phone and a windows server program to be run on your PC. It works very similarly to my Win500 Android client. It should work with any scanner that works with the official Whistler Remote Demo.

If you'd like to download or learn more about the suite, visit my website: TRX Android Suite

Registration for this suite is $30.
This is 3rd party software and not connected to Whistler.

Future upgrades may include the logging of calls similar to Whistler's Remote Demo.
Unfortunately, I have no plans to create an iOS version of this suite.

scosgt

This is a very interesting program. BUT:
You need a longer trial period.
I just barely got it set up and running and it cut off.
never even got the chance to try it over the net, was just on the home network.
Can't buy it if you won't give enough time to properly evaluate.
Thanks

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
You should make the 7min trial longer for those of us that are not network savvy...I spent 6 min just getting it to work locally...which left next to no time to evaluate it today.

scosgt

You should make the 7min trial longer for those of us that are not network savvy...I spent 6 min just getting it to work locally...which left next to no time to evaluate it today.

My exact complaint.
other programs are a 10-30 day trial, or run for 30 minutes and shut down but you can start them up again,
Very poor marketing decision, unable to evaluate the program this way.

visegrip72

This is a very interesting program. BUT:
You need a longer trial period.
I just barely got it set up and running and it cut off.
never even got the chance to try it over the net, was just on the home network.
Can't buy it if you won't give enough time to properly evaluate.
Thanks

The old Win500 app with the same setup, 5000 packets was about 5 minutes. I just retested it, this one only lasted about 2.5. WAY less than desired/intended. Then again, I was using someone else's server program, so it could have sent less data. I'll post an updated one in a few minutes. Either way, the counter does not start until you are actually working. If you go into the about page, it tells you how many packets were used so far. Before any successful connections, that number should stay at zero.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The old Win500 app with the same setup, 5000 packets was about 5 minutes. I just retested it, this one only lasted about 2.5. WAY less than desired/intended. Then again, I was using someone else's server program, so it could have sent less data. I'll post an updated one in a few minutes. Either way, the counter does not start until you are actually working. If you go into the about page, it tells you how many packets were used so far. Before any successful connections, that number should stay at zero.

I think it starts when the app is working yes or no? .....not once you get it to stream locally.

visegrip72

It is definitely the Android side only, and only when packets are received. It is receiving over 3000 packets a minute. Check the about page in the Android app, you will see a packet count if unregistered. I'm looking into why so much data, probably audio quality, checking into everything.

scosgt

Seriously, either do 30 minutes, disconnect but you can reconnect, or do 30 days like ProScan.
This can not be evaluated and the bugs worked out in such a limited demo.
No one can figure out if it will work for them unless they can mess with it and do settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.