trx up and running untill put batteries in

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

just got trx1 and all the downloads went great. Up and scanning until I put batteries in and the scanner went haywire. Did it mess up sd card. Will I have to reformat card.The battery setting was correct.

Blackswan73

just got trx1 and all the downloads went great. Up and scanning until I put batteries in and the scanner went haywire. Did it mess up sd card. Will I have to reformat card.The battery setting was correct.

If you inserted the batteries without first shutting off the scanner, then it is likely the SD card is corrupted.

SCPD

QRT
Just for safety reformat it and reload your sd card.
You could take the batteries out then try again,but I would just re'hit" the card.
Always power down before trying any stunts like that.

HOLEBILLY

The scanner was off I had just picked it up off my desk after taking power adapter off to use on phone so I know it was off and no power to it. It did have the USB cable attached to scanner but not hooked to any power source.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
The scanner was off I had just picked it up off my desk after taking power adapter off to use on phone so I know it was off and no power to it. It did have the USB cable attached to scanner but not hooked to any power source.

Just curious...did you eject the scanner from the computer before disconnecting it? That can corrupt the card as well.

RPETER

try up and running until batteries

I have a new TRX-1 as well and have made several mistakes using the radio and messing it up. Most I have been able to correct (with help from Whistler and this forum) and now have it running the way I want

I am curious what the radio was indicating to you when you put the batteries in that triggered the problem.

I find that there is a good deal more to figure out with this type of scanner than my other more simple analog radios but the end result is so much better once I get it configured to my requirements.

HOLEBILLY

As soon as I hit the power on button after putting batteries in I got no error message, It came up for me to set the clock and the clock had been already set with first program. So I hit the menu key and it just went wild going thru all my scan list and beeping real fast. Now every time I turn it on it wants me to set the clock and if I go to any menu setting it go wild. I will have the clock set with the cp programming and soon as I power on it goes to set clock and it has lost the right time..

RPETER

Ok. I remember that I had to reset the clock several times which I ended up doing manually instead of using EZscan. Now when I power up my TRX-1 I get the "Verifying Data' and then it brings up the "Main Menu". From there I can toggle down to the "Program Menu" hit SEL and then "Global Settings". The menu in "Global Settings" scrolls both up and down so you can check out the many different settings. I found that selecting "Default Vals" brought my scanner back to normal so I could continue to program using the EZSCAN. But if when you hit the menu key and it goes wild so you can't try that you may need to reformat your SD card as K200L suggested.

HOLEBILLY

Called Whislter and as soon as I told them what was going on they knew the problem. I have 3 keys on the keypad not working, its liked they are glued down. He said to send it back for a new one.THANKS WHISLTER for quick action. Its the left arrow, number 1 and number 7 key on the keypad.

RPETER

trx up and running until put batteries in.

Called Whislter and as soon as I told them what was going on they knew the problem. I have 3 keys on the keypad not working, its liked they are glued down. He said to send it back for a new one.THANKS WHISLTER for quick action. Its the left arrow, number 1 and number 7 key on the keypad.

Good to hear Whistler responded that way. That's a problem I had not heard of before but I guess final inspection checks are not fool proof. I picked the TRX-1 mainly because I liked the way the display looked. Not the most scientific method for making a selection but I am pleased with the radio so far. I still have a few bugs to work out. When I manually go to "Browse Library" it tells me "Database files not found on SD Card. Please reinstall, so I have to sort through that problem.

Check out zip scanner on Youtube. They have some very helpful videos on TRX-1 programming.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Trx up and running

@RPETER - The scanner is telling you the Library hasn't been uploaded to the scanner from the EZScan form yet. After you download the latest Library on Saturday's from Radio Ref to the EZSCAN. You should be able to select (Scanner/SDCard) in the menu above and then scroll to "Copy Library to Scanner Memory/SDCard" It is best to take the MicroSD card OUT of the scanner and use the card reader in your PC instead of using the usb hooked up to the scanner itself. Try that and it should load the Library to the scanner for use. I have 2 Micro SD cards I alternate. Anytime I update the library I use that method to make sure the other card also has the most up to date library

Status
Not open for further replies.