TRX1 Display Light Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

goaheadover

Banned
Is there a way to have the Display light up that has the talkgroup info when the squelch breaks? This is my first GRE (Whistler) and with Uniden you can do this. Thanks so much!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to have the Display light up that has the talkgroup info when the squelch breaks? This is my first GRE (Whistler) and with Uniden you can do this. Thanks so much!

Not a setting for anytime it receives traffic but you could go into each object and set a custom flash pattern (i.e. solid) for the backlight (much like for the LED) I suppose...

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You can also have it turn on the back light like stated you can set it in each object (Frequency) in the same place you set the LED it is just going to eat the batteries up faster when it is on batteries.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned, you have to set it for each object. Amazing that you can't import the settings or do a global setting.

The most efficient way is to go to the conventional frequencies tab. Shift select all frequencies. Click anywhere in the bklt/LED column. At the top of the window that pops up, change Backlight Mode to "On." Then click "Set."

Be careful, this might reset any custom LED colors you have.

Then do the same for all of the talkgroups for each trunked radio system.

KD8USW

As mentioned, you have to set it for each object. Amazing that you can't import the settings or do a global setting.

Just received my TRX-1 this morning, after a few hours this is my only disappointment. I went into the settings and set the backlight to always on and the lowest setting. Any reason to be concerned with LED lifespan running it this way and also how much of a battery life hit should I expect on the lowest level all the time?

troymail

Silent Key
Everything will draw the battery down... but I keep multiple sets of batteries and put the radio on USB/external power whenever I can.

I have a fairly standard "MO" when it comes to create VScanner folders... set the bandplan, set the backlight brightness to HIGH, turn off location mode, change the alpha tag settings, enabled search recording...

Import and/or configure systems and channels...

As far as setting the backlight - my "standard" process for adding items - conventional or trunk talkgroups - is to Ctrl-A (select all) and then click the record box and then click on a row under Bklt/LED and set the backlight mode to on.

Don't be afraid to make these types of changes -- play with the various settings and get comfortable... you'll enjoy your radio much more when you do. You really can't hurt anything. If you're worried about messing something up, make a backup of the V-Scanner/folder/CDAT.

Have some fun!

RPETER

Display Light Up

I struggled with this issue when I first received my TRX-1. Once I figured out with the help from this forum how to go into Global Settings and adjust the "LModeBAT" to "On" and "LiteArea" "Both" which keeps the display and keyboard light constantly on I decided that I preferred this visual presentation. As mentioned in this forum this option eats up the batteries so I usually plug the usb cable into our laptop and run the radio off the laptop

wlipman

First message here for me!

Thanks, one and all, for all of your help. The combined knowledge and settings instructions are highly informative, and my TRX-1's display is now lit!

RPETER

TRX 1 back lighted display

As I have posted in the past, I prefer to keep the display constantly on for the visual effect. This resulted in my batteries getting drained pretty much every day which is expensive. So then I started to run the radio off my laptop but that forced me to operate it cabled to the computer.

Finally while I was shopping I saw the rechargeable batteries that came with a wall recharger. I purchased the charger with eight batteries. Then flipped the little switch in the TRX 1 battery compartment for rechargeable batteries and that has solved my problem. Now I do find that the rechargeable batteries seem to drain a little faster but recharging them off the wall charger is very fast and having the extra four batteries allows me the have continuos coverage and not have to constantly buy new batteries.

It works for me.

racingfan360

As I have posted in the past, I prefer to keep the display constantly on for the visual effect

Me too. The other option that might be worth considering is using a small USB (cellphone) Portable Power Bank hooked up to the USB port of the TRX1. Works for me, though I generally tend to use my TRX1 on the go.

61mcad

I just got my TRX-1 and trying to get my light to come on when it stops on a channel. Can someone walk me through each setting such as light=flash? Pattern? Mine has all 5s. On time off time led enable checked or not and led flash checked or not. Or am I way off where I need to be? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.