TRX1 EZ Scan and Talkgroup I.D. numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that I could edit the Talkgroup I.D. numbers just like I do with the Descriptions. Right niw the only way I know how to do this is by deleting the whole line and then adding it in all over again with the correct Talkgroup I.D. number

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I wish that I could edit the Talkgroup I.D. numbers just like I do with the Descriptions.

Not sure exactly what you are getting at here.

But if you are seeing some Talkgroup ID numbers without a text description, then you have a wild card TGID in your talkgroups for that system.

Right niw the only way I know how to do this is by deleting the whole line and then adding it in all over again with the correct Talkgroup I.D. number
Are you trying to say that you are trying to correct this by deleting just the TGID, then reentering the talkgroup with the description (text tag)?

The wildcard that's listed in the talkgroup section for the system (in EZ-Scan) will cause the scanner to pick up any talkgroup it hears on the system, that is not already programmed. If you are takintg the displayed talkgroup, looking up the usage in the database, then entering both the TGID and text tag, you're just creating more work for yourself. For any given system, if you already know what you want to monitor, then enter (or import) those talkgroups with their descriptions. Then, either lock out, or delete the talkgroup, so that unprogrammed TGIDs will no longer pop up.

Ubbe

With Unidens Sentinel you can copy and paste the same TG on several lines and only edit the TG number and everything else stays the same.
In Whistlers EZ-Scan you cannot copy and paste. You have to enter a new line and fill in everything in all boxes.

What you can do are to mark one TG line, or several, and right click and select to export to csv file.
Then open the csv file using excel, or the free OpenOffice alternativ, and choose to import as a comma delimited file.
In excel you can copy and paste and then save and in EZ-Scan you can "read from text file" and select that edited csv file.

/Ubbe

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
This is related to the fact that you can't change the order of TGs in EZ Scan / TRX-1. When you enter a TG it is "sorted" and apparently MUST be stored in the scanner in TG ID order. Therefore you must have the correct TG ID when entering a TG. You are not allowed to edit that because it is the "key" to the data.

In the case of conventional channels, they will get stored in the order you've entered them but you can't sort (change the order) once entered. TG IDs are sorted at the time of entry and cannot be edited or their order changed.

Ah ha. That is a problem. The TG IDs and/or Numbers should be able to be edited. I should not have to delete a whole line. See if I enter a TG ID and/or of say for instance 1000 and then the Description then I find out later that I entered the wrong description, I can change the description by highlighting it and entering the new description or correct the description if something is wrong. On the other hand, if I want to edit or change a TG number (ID) then I have to delete the whole line instead of just editing or changing the ID and/or number. I think that they should let you correct and or edit the TG IDs and/or numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.