TRX1 multiples of a site

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

Is there and easy way to create multiples of a site in the system? I like to have a few different setups to scan depending on whats going on like if theres a storm coming maybe run a set of tgids instead of the normal local file i would run for all local traffic. with my 1040 and win500 its simple but with this i go to import the second set of ids on a tower ive already imported and saved it just over writes that tower thats already there instead of creating a new scanlist to scan.

N8IAA

Is there and easy way to create multiples of a site in the system? I like to have a few different setups to scan depending on whats going on like if theres a storm coming maybe run a set of tgids instead of the normal local file i would run for all local traffic. with my 1040 and win500 its simple but with this i go to import the second set of ids on a tower ive already imported and saved it just over writes that tower thats already there instead of creating a new scanlist to scan.

You don't need multiples of a site to set up different Scanlists for PD, FD, and whatever else you scan off of that system. You just assign the TGID's to individual ScanLists.

On the 1040, you have to save what you downloaded into the software, then add anything new to the file, and SAVE THE FILE AGAIN before uploading to the scanner. That way you won't lose any of the changes you made.
I've been using a 106 and 197 for over 12 years. I've sure made my mistakes of not saving my file configuration.

reconrider8

yea i know the 1040 well but the trx 1 is what i got now. like i say i want to run multiples of the sites each with different tgids for different things

N8IAA

yea i know the 1040 well but the trx 1 is what i got now. like i say i want to run multiples of the sites each with different tgids for different things

In the software where the TGID's are for the system, on the far right of the list you will see a heading for Scanlists. Just click on the line that you want to move to another Scanlist. I'm sure that you can highlight all to change to the same list. Make sure you save to the SD card and then load them back into the TRX1. Been doing that for more years than I like to think on my PSR800 and WS1088.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@reconrider8 yes and no. It's easy to duplicate the sites, however the duplicate site will not allow you to automatically update talkgroups.

All you have to do is select the site and click on Duplicate, it will duplicate all sites and talkgroups in the original and you'll have to edit it.

I have three local towers and have each set up separately along with the original system that has all sites & talkgroups I use when I travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.