Trx1 spectrum sweeper simplex and inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynot58

Trx1 does in fact on spectrum sweeper pick up dmr simplex and single slots and single slot uplinks and everything else. Doesn't rely on rf capture or need longer than tdma 30ms like uniden. It's simply high speed limit search in the bands you select so if a mic is in use no matter how short the frequency gets picked up. Road trips all over country with both radios and whistler never failed. Used repeater reverse or frequency offset guide to find outputs. Keep zeromatic on for exact frequency

Ubbe

Used repeater reverse or frequency offset guide to find outputs.
Besides being slower to find a frequency, it is one of few negative aspects of the spectrum sweeper. It should have a programmable table to set a frequency offset to be engaged by a button push. But it could be a patent issue that have stopped Whistler from offering that feature.

/Ubbe

ynot58

I agree when I find a frequency on trx1 spectrum sweeper which is like high speed limit search attenuated i the use my bcd436hp to punch it in and get all info and repeater reverse. But again it does in fact catch simplex single slots and single slot uplinks dmr beautifully. Default settings zeromatic on. Recording only shows frequencies and important to note radio id bounces from radio id date at the bottom to radio id time at the bottom so the radio id with the time is the base talkgroup and the one displayed with the time is the actual radio id. So without Recording on frequency shows color and slot etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.