TRX2 poor to no P25 reception after upgrading CPU/DSP firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

I had not updated the TRX2 in quite a while. So this weekend I decided to upgrade the PC application, CPU and DSP Firmware. After performing the updates, the P25 reception went from marginal to almost nothing.

I am in the Greater Cincinnati area with Simulcast system (Ohio MARCS). The SDS200 right next to it has been performing flawlessly.

Anyone else experience this? Did you modify any of the advanced settings? If so what are your settings? I have been playing around with limited success.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, settings, etc. that work for you.

beischel

BTW, is there anything that needs to be done specifically with P25 Phase II reception? Added the new Northern Kentucky system which is P25 Phase II and absolutely nothing...not even broken audio. Again, SDS200 receives the new system just fine.

Ubbe

I think that Whistler changed the DSP's range setting in a late firmware version. So it should be possible to change the DSP level to improve reception, but it will always be more problematic with a TRX scanner to receive simulcast.

Your SDS200 should receive most simulcast system without any issue, it's designed to handle those system and any non-SDS scanner are not.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.