Software Trying Morse Expert On A 40m CW Pile-UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

This morning was brought in with cw pile-ups on the 40m amateur band. So I decided to try Morse Expert (Android variant of CW Skimmer) on the pile-up. It kind of struggled as I demonstrated in my video recording of it. The thing is it can only do one 'band' of frequency at a time unlike its PC sister variant CW Skimmer which can do multiple frequencies at the same time. I changed the bandwidth of the CC Skywave SSB to its lowest bandwidth setting of 500hz. The marker was bouncing all over the place trying to keep up. This caused erroneous decodes. I know there is a way to make it stay on 1 band of frequency but I haven't managed to figure it out. This isn't a post for community support this post is for putting the Android app Morse Expert by VE3NEA through the thick of it. This is from the perspective of a shortwave listener and not intended for learning cw. Testing the app is the sole purpose.

air-scan

Best way I found to make it work a little better is fine tune the C.W. tones to 750hz and then drop the bandwidth to 500hz. Still will have some erroneous decodes but not as much as what's shown in my video.

Boombox

MFJ had a code reader I almost bought in the 1990's. Had an LCD readout.

Status
Not open for further replies.