Trying program the Pro-97 with Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWIScanner

I am trying to program my Pro-97 to pick-up the lake county frequencies, and I need help doing this. Any and all help is very much appreciated!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If memory serves, SAFE-T is a digital system - the 97 won't work. You will need a digital trunktracker such as the BCD396, PRO-96, PSR-500 et. al

73 Mike

Bucko

I believe the Data Base shows it to be both however when I travel through Indiana I hear all Digital myself.

45SigSauer

I am trying to program my Pro-97 to pick-up the lake county frequencies, and I need help doing this. Any and all help is very much appreciated!

What in NW Indiana are you trying to hear?
Although some are listed on the Safe-T system, no one in Lake County uses the system, YET! Except State.
Just go here:http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=737
If you are using Win-97 to program your scanner I could send you a file to upload to your scanner.

StinkyB

It will Trunk Track it, but the digital voice will sound like a motorboat. anything analog you will be able to hear.

pliquett

I have a 97 and a psr600. Safe-t is all digital all the time. The 97 may stop on the transmission but you won't be able to understand it.

NWIScanner

What in NW Indiana are you trying to hear?
Although some are listed on the Safe-T system, no one in Lake County uses the system, YET! Except State.
Just go here:http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=737
If you are using Win-97 to program your scanner I could send you a file to upload to your scanner.

Alright that is very helpful. Now I wont need to program those in my scanner, thanks.

jerk

I have a 97 and a psr600. Safe-t is all digital all the time. The 97 may stop on the transmission but you won't be able to understand it.

No it is not all digital all the time!
I have my Pro-2055 programmed for Safe-T and it works great. I keep the bank closed and only have analog groups programmed in, such as mutual aid and some DOT. But it works, it may not get the "meat" of the system, but it works.

djl998

No it's not. It depends on the talkgroup. Some TGs use digital voice, while others use analog. For the analog ones, any trunktracking scanner will pick them up. The database lists which ones are analog and which are digital. ISP uses digital, but many local agencies on the system are analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.