trying to add DMR site

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
Added dmr to my 325p2. no issues there...
using RR to add a trunked Cap Plus TRBO site, data in database looks ok to me. (a dmr noob)
I add to scanner, and it shows in the Program System menu area, but the site does NOT show in the scanner .. as if I did not put it in. But it does show in the Menu/Program System/select system.
so I must have something entered wrong, but I just used the auto download from RR.
The site is MetLife Stadium in Bergen, NJ... what am I doing wrong?
thanks

kmi8dy

make sure you programe as a single frequency dmr not mototurbo. but puting in all the frequencies given, following the number of the frequency shown just before the frequency itself. this is called lcn order. always click on the "search " selection every place you see it. how far away do you live from stadium. if its over 5 miles you most likely won't hear them.

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
Not sure I understand.. I'm not inputting the data manually on the radio, but importing from the RR database.
There are no options for anything you describe this way...just the sites and talkgroups
If you are suggesting manually inputting each freq into the radio... then how would the trunking work? and ability to hear only specific talkgroups?
As for range, yes, I know I may not hear from home, but for now I can't get the radio to show the system at all... thanks

ccs247

Premium Subscriber
Not sure I understand.. I'm not inputting the data manually on the radio, but importing from the RR database.
There are no options for anything you describe this way...just the sites and talkgroups
If you are suggesting manually inputting each freq into the radio... then how would the trunking work? and ability to hear only specific talkgroups?
As for range, yes, I know I may not hear from home, but for now I can't get the radio to show the system at all... thanks

If you are using FreeSCAN, then it does not support DMR. Only ProScan currently supports DMR for the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2.

Last edited:

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
I was using Butel ARC XT...
I'll give hand entries a shot.. will I need the LCN's or color codes or something ( I know zip about DMR programming so far).. nothing about that is listed in RR database.
If I enter each freq as single freq, not mototrbo, am I correct that I have no control of the talkgroups.. all or nothing?

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
I was using Butel ARC XT...
I'll give hand entries a shot.. will I need the LCN's or color codes or something ( I know zip about DMR programming so far).. nothing about that is listed in RR database.
If I enter each freq as single freq, not mototrbo, am I correct that I have no control of the talkgroups.. all or nothing?

Yes, you will need the LCNs as the radio will ask for them when entering a MotoTrbo system.
The Colour Code is optional. It is like a PL tone (CTCSS) in analog modes. If you don't set one up you will hear everything. I set my unit to CC Search. Maybe if there were 2 DMR sites physically close to each other I would use it. Since each frequency is unique in my area, I don't bother.

As for Blutel, they haven't updated the Arc XT to support DMR yet. They are working on it but it is yet to be released. I'm with you, programming by hand until that happens.

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
Indeed the issue was using arcxt. I tried a demo of Proscan, and it moved the site to the radio just fine.
Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.