Trying to decide: 325P2 or 436HP ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Road Trip with 325P2

Took a couple day trip to Galena and decided to give the 325 a try. Was very impressed with the digital decoding and followed and decoded the control channels on the Starcom system all the way. Besides the Dist. 15 Tollway traffic, was picking up District 16, 17,1. I couldn't take my eyes off the road to determine which was a P2 site, but it was loud and clear. Yes...my VHF/UHF is set to NFM and that balanced the volume.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Have you pre-set the decode to a certain # using the menu, I see that "auto" seems to just work fine anyway....The decode rate changes a little on each tower from "6" on T113, 126, 125 and 102 seem to hang more on 7-8.....The manual is wrong on setting the decode # as I guess you hold the "hold" turning on the scanner and go into the settings and have it hold on a decode #....I was told when you turn it off and back on it reverts back to just plain "AUTO".....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Have you pre-set the decode to a certain # using the menu, I see that "auto" seems to just work fine anyway....The decode rate changes a little on each tower from "6" on T113, 126, 125 and 102 seem to hang more on 7-8.....The manual is wrong on setting the decode # as I guess you hold the "hold" turning on the scanner and go into the settings and have it hold on a decode #....I was told when you turn it off and back on it reverts back to just plain "AUTO".....

I set it to Auto using the Freescan software prior to the drive. I didn't try tweeking it during the drive, but conversations were crisp and clear with very little Digital garble. Dist. 1 Sterling was very busy (Sounded like I was listening to District-Chicago for awhile), and was able to monitor the entire conversations. Radio was quiet when I went through some towns that I didn't have the proper frequencies for. Jo Daviess Sheriff is analog and had them programmed in NFM, audio was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.