Trying to find new Page AZ PD frequency through Close Call

Madca

Premium Subscriber
My local law enforcement agency just upgraded their handheld again. I had all of their frequencies input in my BCD996P2 with DMR license (they switched from open to DMR about 2 years ago).
Now that they're back on digital, my old frequencies don't work anymore. So I started scanning through Close Call and Search and Store. I'm having trouble deciphering what the number after the frequency is on the word document.
Could anyone guide me in the right direction to figuring it out?
The RR database doesn't have any new information for my area, just the old FCC license.
1706326443750.png1706326454204.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
My local law enforcement agency just upgraded their handheld again.

Now that they're back on digital, my old frequencies don't work anymore.

I'm having trouble deciphering what the number after the frequency is on the word document.
I don't have that scanner but if that's the close call record, I would presume the number after the freq represents hits, how many times close call saw the freq transmit.

The RR database doesn't have any new information for my area, just the old FCC license.
Did you try searching that agencies name in your states forum?

Go look at the old license, or even post it here. Look for its FRN number (FCC Registration Number). Agencies can have more than one FRN but you may get lucky searching their FRN as it would reveal any other licenses they have attached to that FRN. Also look at Associated call signs. Sometimes that may have another call sign listed.

1706362563253.png

Madca

Premium Subscriber
Noting that someone from the forums that is local to Page as well told me their new system is P25. I set up a site as P25 with all their frequencies from RR and FCC license but have gotten no hits. So I'll probably have to wait for an updated posting.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
Report this post and ask for it to be moved to the Arizona listeners forum. They can give better updated details on the system.
:)

Madca

Premium Subscriber
Report this post and ask for it to be moved to the Arizona listeners forum. They can give better updated details on the system.
:)
My apologizes, I didn't know there was individual state watches. Was more looking for help with Close Call, but I turned into an area help. A moderator can lock it or remove it.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
No need to apologize, :)
It happens all the time. The locals know a local system better than anyone and have better knowledge and can give better advice how to program it. Close call doesn't always work with digital handheld radios when trying to pick them up. TDMA won't let it work as it should.
With a little elbow grease and some programming frustration you'll get it to work. :LOL:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If they went p25, try to find a license that reflects that. I was unable to locate one. Possible they are p25 on someone else’s system like a county or statewide system tho they do not appear on any of the p25 systems in coconino county.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
Another thing to look at is the sites simulcast? Did they go encrypted?
If either are a yes, the 996P2 isn't going to hear much.

N9JIG

Sheriff
There are a boatload of frequencies listed at FCC Callsign WPMG618 (PAGE, CITY OF) associated, on VHF and UHF. Check all of these by popping them into a scan bank. Even if they are digital or encrypted you should be able to at least hear activity if not decipher it.

If that doesn't work try checking for other licenses issued to Page in the FCC database.