Trying to get stream up via ScannerCast (poss port 80 issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalMDX

Feed Provider
Here is my problem. I run a web server on my domain, so port 80 traffic goes to the web server.
I'm assuming that ScannerCast goes out over port 80 and is expecting port 80 traffic back.
I've read I can use other ports, but there is no place in ScannerCast to set these that I can find.
I've found ScannerCat Standard edition, but I can't locate information on setting it up for a Radio Reference stream.
So, is there a way to force ScannerCast to port 8000 or 8500?
or
Are there instructions someplace that will tell me how to configure ScannerCast Standard for RR?
Thanks in advance,
Jay
==== Update ====
OK, I was having proxy issues. I shut the proxy server off and the ScannerCast failover to port 8000 worked, I then did a port forward rule at the firewall for 8000 to go to the ScannerCast computer.

I would still be interested in the instructions for the ScannerCast standard setup.
I will do some forum surfing regarding proxy friendly streaming software... if any exists... if you know of any I would be interested.
Thanks!
Jay

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
Here is my problem. I run a web server on my domain, so port 80 traffic goes to the web server.
I'm assuming that ScannerCast goes out over port 80 and is expecting port 80 traffic back.
I've read I can use other ports, but there is no place in ScannerCast to set these that I can find.
I've found ScannerCat Standard edition, but I can't locate information on setting it up for a Radio Reference stream.
So, is there a way to force ScannerCast to port 8000 or 8500?
or
Are there instructions someplace that will tell me how to configure ScannerCast Standard for RR?
Thanks in advance,
Jay
==== Update ====
OK, I was having proxy issues. I shut the proxy server off and the ScannerCast failover to port 8000 worked, I then did a port forward rule at the firewall for 8000 to go to the ScannerCast computer.

I would still be interested in the instructions for the ScannerCast standard setup.
I will do some forum surfing regarding proxy friendly streaming software... if any exists... if you know of any I would be interested.
Thanks!
Jay

Yes this issue is the proxy server.

Here is what is in the Live Audio Wiki:
RR Live Audio Streaming Ports

The RR Live Audio application normally uses port 80. You can also use ports 8000, 8080, or 8500. The alternate port numbers are typically used to get around firewall problems.

You may also need to use port forwarding on your router to allow you're feed through.

Status
Not open for further replies.