Trying to ID 460.700 MHz - Mississauga

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersight

I've been to ID the user of 460.700 MHz (DPL 162) in the Dixie and 401 area. It appears to be simplex, as I can't find any repeaters around 5 MHz below this frequency that matches what I'm hearing. It seems to be some construction or contractor company from the converstaions I'm hearing, but I can't quite pin point exactly what kind of business it is. The language can be pretty colorful at times - sounds like CB ch19.
I did a TAFL search and found nothing. I even tried searching other regions but did not find any real matches. Maybe illegal radios?
Anybody else in the area picking this up?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Dumb question but are you sure it wasnt 462.700 or 467.700 or an image of them?

Those are common GMRS FREQUENCIES which would explain the language and the DPL tone as well as not being listed.
462.700 467.700 Ch. 21 Ch. 7

I did a premium members search on here for you and came up with nothing. So GMRS would be my guess.

DaveH

hypersight said:
I've been to ID the user of 460.700 MHz (DPL 162) in the Dixie and 401 area. It appears to be simplex, as I can't find any repeaters around 5 MHz below this frequency that matches what I'm hearing. It seems to be some construction or contractor company from the converstaions I'm hearing, but I can't quite pin point exactly what kind of business it is. The language can be pretty colorful at times - sounds like CB ch19.
I did a TAFL search and found nothing. I even tried searching other regions but did not find any real matches. Maybe illegal radios?
Anybody else in the area picking this up?

Frequencies in the range 460-465 are paired 5MHz up, not down. It would be a repeater
output or simplex, but not an input.

(actually it could be 4.9875, 5.0000, or 5.0125 or in rare cases a non-standard separation).

I've heard Air Canada in Ottawa there for years, but it's only licensed here and Thunder
Bay, which is not to say they would not be using it elswhere. From what you are hearing
it might well be unlicensed use by someone else.

Dave

Last edited:

hypersight

DaveH said:
Frequencies in the range 460-465 are paired 5MHz up, not down. It would be a repeater
output or simplex, but not an input.

Thanks for replying Dave. That's what I was trying to say - it must be simplex because if it was a repeater input I should be hearing something around the 455.7125 - 455.6875 range. I also forgot to add in my original post that the signal sounded "mobile" - some users are weaker than others, fluxuating quite a bit.

hypersight

torontokris said:
Dumb question but are you sure it wasnt 462.700 or 467.700 or an image of them?

Those are common GMRS FREQUENCIES which would explain the language and the DPL tone as well as not being listed.
462.700 467.700 Ch. 21 Ch. 7

I did a premium members search on here for you and came up with nothing. So GMRS would be my guess.

Yes I'm quite sure it's not an image. My scanner wouldn't produce images that close together.

mciupa

FWIW , I hear Rail Comms on 460.9000 . Wonder if it is rail related (e.g. work crews doing maintenance)?

hypersight

Finally found out who it is. It's AECON construction working on a project at 5025 Creekbank Rd. Mississauga.

hypersight

pathalogical said:
Was it the same freq you originally mentioned or different ? Any pl/dcs tone ? AECON does have a trunk system http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2642 , I entered it in my radio but never got any hits, even when they were working a couple of streets from home. A TAFL search of AECON does not match any of the above trunked freqs either.

Yes it was same frequency as I originally posted: 460.700 162 DPL
I'm suspecting they are running unlicensed, but that's just my opinion....maybe IC just made an error with their records and that's why it's not showing up on a TAFL search...........who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.