Trying to install 32 gb SD card to SDS200

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to install 32gb SD card and I formatted it and it says on scanner to go to Sentinel and "Clear user data" but when i do it dont read card and do anything?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Im trying to install 32gb SD card and I formatted it and it says on scanner to go to Sentinel and "Clear user data" but when i do it dont read card and do anything?
First be sure scanner is in mass storage mode. Then when using the clear user data function, check the box that says “display all drives”.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel:

Scanner Tab on top...Clear User Data...(blank box appears)...Check the Box "Display all Drives". Then Write to Scanner once it appears in the box.

Scanner has to be in Mass Storage Mode...

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Just to add...

ClearUD.jpg

It helps to give the card a volume label like SDS200... Makes it easier to find it in the list then...

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Also.... make sure to use the recommended formatting utility - it has been posted here numerous times
(Recommended to use this vs. using Windows File Explorer to format).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
SD card formatter will also rescue some cards that Windows won't format and works with USB drives.
A couple of times, with a card that the SD Formatter would not format, I found that the format in one of my digital cameras did complete the action, and after running the 'clear user data' to initialize the card with the required folders, the card worked with no problems.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I don't think this had anything to do with card formatters, but just needed to check a box, or put the scanner in Mass Storage Mode. Since it's reported as "fixed", I think he got this one figured out.