• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trying to Prog a VX-820

Status
Not open for further replies.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Have the dealer software, cable, interface, etc. However, i can not change the com port setings. It is telling me that comport 3 (FIF-10) is selected, but i know that isnt the right com port. How do i change it?

Also, whenever i attempt to read/write the radio, i do not see the radio or status bar on PC doing anything.

Please help, new to Vertex.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
OK, so here is an update. Reinstalled the FIF Driver, and properties is telling me it is COM PORT 30. CE59 is not giving me Port 30, only Com Port 3 (FIF-10A). The help files do not tell you how to adjust this. In dire need to get this radio progged. Thanks in advance

SCPD

QRT
I somewhat recall having a similar com port issues with this exact software and radio. Not sure what I did, I want to say I plugged it into the radio with the radio on and re-booted the PC, clicked Read from Radio. Since then I've had no problem with the software. What OS are you working in?

SCPD

QRT
Have the dealer software, cable, interface, etc. However, i can not change the com port setings. It is telling me that comport 3 (FIF-10) is selected, but i know that isnt the right com port. How do i change it?

Also, whenever i attempt to read/write the radio, i do not see the radio or status bar on PC doing anything.

Did you go to the file tab to the far left, then select configure? Or is that where you went, but can t change the port?

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
i know the driver is installed in com29, but i only get three options, com 3, 6, 7. None of those work. It defaults to COM 3 (FIF-10) Really beggining to piss me off.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
OK, got the 820 programed. Thanks for the input, I knew i could count on this site. Anyone know the software for the 231? Serch says CE-99, but cant find the download anywhere.

ASTROAL

I go to file then configure and the different port selections opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.