trying to program BC246T scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabro

Hi all I'am new to this so bear with me please,i have been reading alot on the forum for the last three days and still unable to program my bc246t scanner for my area,once i get to see how to program i will not have a problem. I have the pc usad software i have on my computer and i can receive info from my scanner but it says nothing stored.That is were the fun starts. Can anyone help me out or point me to the right area for downloading my info, that i can put in the data base to put in my scanner.That is where i start to have a problem.Alot of reading and no pictures to do that is hard to figure out. I go to the database and get my info for my area and put it in the system data base all right no problem but from there on i cant get it to load on to my scanner for some reason that i must be doing something wrong.So if someone can help me out to program one system i should be alright after that. I'am from the Windsor area. Much appreciated.

papabro

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
papabro said:
Hi all I'am new to this so bear with me please,i have been reading alot on the forum for the last three days and still unable to program my bc246t scanner for my area,once i get to see how to program i will not have a problem. I have the pc usad software i have on my computer and i can receive info from my scanner but it says nothing stored.That is were the fun starts. Can anyone help me out or point me to the right area for downloading my info, that i can put in the data base to put in my scanner.That is where i start to have a problem.Alot of reading and no pictures to do that is hard to figure out. I go to the database and get my info for my area and put it in the system data base all right no problem but from there on i cant get it to load on to my scanner for some reason that i must be doing something wrong.So if someone can help me out to program one system i should be alright after that. I'am from the Windsor area. Much appreciated.

papabro
Did you purchase a software key to open up the full bersion of BC246T_UASD? If you're only using the downloaded demo, your options are extremely limited.

Presuming you do have the full version installed & have loaded the software key.

Create your system or systems. You've indicate that you have done this. To get them into the scanner, you need to either create a new configuration, or add them to an existing one. Since you have probably never done one, the only one that will show in the UASD software is the one for the preloaded systems.

Under the Database tab in the software, there are two windows. The one on the right shows the systems you have in your database. This would incluse the ones you've created, as well as the preloaded systems (if you have not deleted or moved them; I moved mine to a new folder in case I wanted them later).

The left window, more of less the center of the screen, is labeled Scanner Configuration.
Select "New" and give it a name before proceding.
This will bring up the Configuration Editor.
Under the Systems tab, you can add or delete systems you want to be scanned in this specific config. Add the ones you want by highlighting the system in the right side database pane and then using the "Add from Database" button. To remove a system that's in the configuration (in the left side pane) hightlight it with your mouse & then use the "Delete from Configuration" button. [Note: This only deletes it from the configuration you are editing, not from the database.] {The "Delete Non-existent" button removes those systems that are no longer in the systems database on the pc. That would include those you have deleted, or perhaps renamed. Prevents errors when you try to load a system. Non-existent systems would be flagged as "does not exist" out by the system name in the left side window.}
Also in the configuration editor, you can set a number of other options:
Under the Misc tab, you can modify the text that the scanner displays when it turns on. I use my name & phone #.
Also under Misc, set start-up options for Priority (if desired), backlight, & battery save.
Close Call can be enabled on start-up using that tab, & options chosed.
Search & Quick Keys also have options that can be set.
You're main interest, for now, is going to be on systems. Once you have those entered, you can save your changes (File menu->Save). Then either File->Close (it'll ask again if you want to save) or hit the usual "X" in the upper right corner.

Your newly created & named configuration should now show in the scanner configuration window.

To load the scanner, connect the programming cable between the serial port on your pc & the cable port on the right side of the scanner (under the rubber cover).
Hit the connect to scanner button on the software.
The software may take a few seconds to connect & read the scanner. Once that's complete, current contents will be displayed under the "Scanner View" tab. If it does not connect, make sure that the software is set to the same COM port that you PC is using as a serial port (usually COM 1 or 2). If you don't have a serial port, but are using one of the USB to serial adapters, it may be COM 3 or 4.

Once you are connected, pick the configuration you want to load.
Click once with your mouse to highlight it.
Click the "Write to Scanner" button.
Follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope that helps.

papabro

Thanks alot hiegtx for the info., i got it to program all the preset channels back in my scanner,and yes i did purchase a key for uasd program. My next question is that i see that there is a database info that you can download the channels right into the scanner, can that be used for this program or does it have to be used with the arc246t program by butel.
tx
papabro

Status
Not open for further replies.