HP-1: Trying to program FL State Police Freq into to HP-1 , Help requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBlue87GT

Premium Subscriber
I have a customer that wants me to program Florida State police Freq's into his new HP-1.
I'm assuming I'll need to use HP Sentinel software, could someone please give me some pointers ?

I'm familiar with sentinel, have uploaded / downloaded , updated db & firmware, just never keyed in freq's.

Don't understand how to put the 5 freq's i found in a group labled FL State police.

Thanks for any help.

You can put the freqs in, but you won't hear anything but digital data noise. The FHP side, and most anything having to do with law enforcement is secure/encrypted. MaComm proprietary encryption that no scanner has.

CoolBlue87GT

Premium Subscriber
You can put the freqs in, but you won't hear anything but digital data noise. The FHP side, and most anything having to do with law enforcement is secure/encrypted. MaComm proprietary encryption that no scanner has.

oohhh !!! - That's not good.

Thanks for the info

CoolBlue87GT

Premium Subscriber

You say " most anything having to do with law enforcement is secure/encrypted"

It this area, we have the sheriff dept and the local police tuned in, no problem.

Are you refering to just the state police being encrypted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.