Trying to program my 1065 - Frequencies not working

ebuchheit

State: Missouri
City: Perryville
Scanner: Whistler 1065
Program: Win500

I am not finding trunked frequencies for our police/fire but I've been told they went digital (?) a while back and that's why my old scanner was not picking up them. Rather, I can only hear dispatch and ambulance.

What might I be doing wrong? I import as conventional object since that is the only place I can find them. Is there a special setting I need to check?

Thanks in advance.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
They are on the MOSWIN system. Its P25 Phase 1 (digital). Their talkgroup is 6108. Import the frequencies and talkgroups from RR

VASCAR2

Set your scanner to receive wild card which will allow any non encrypted talk group to be heard. You can always lock out any unwanted Talk Group once you get used to your scanner. Here are the Perry Co, Mo Talk Groups on MOSWIN.

Perry County

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
610117d5DPerry AllAll (Contact with Weldon Springs-State)Multi-Dispatch
610217d6DPerry TravelTravelMulti-Dispatch
610317d7DPerry SheriffSheriff: DispatchLaw Dispatch
610417d8DPerry Shrf c2cSheriff: Car-to-CarLaw Tac
610817dcDPerryvillePolicePerryville Police: DispatchLaw Dispatch

ebuchheit

Set your scanner to receive wild card which will allow any non encrypted talk group to be heard. You can always lock out any unwanted Talk Group once you get used to your scanner. Here are the Perry Co, Mo Talk Groups on MOSWIN.

Perry County​

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
Thank you, I appreciate this. So is this DIFFERENT than regular frequencies? When I do an RR import, I open the drop downs and select which ones I like. It imports frequencies. But is that the “old” way?

VASCAR2

Here is what I have set up on WIN500

dropbox link

I’m sorry but I don’t have a computer that will read your Win500 file. I don’t know if you understand how trunking systems work but basically the Towers have frequencies assigned. Each Agency has Talk Groups available for carrying their radio traffic. Each two way radio on a trunked system has a unique ID number that can affiliate with certain Talk Groups whether an Agency like 6103 Perry County Sheriff Dispatch or a mutual aid or area wide talk group.

You need to select the Talk Groups that you want to receive. When a user keys up his microphone on an assigned Talk Group the transmission will be broadcast on the appropriate towers/sites for that geographic area. There is no set frequency but the transmission on the Talk Group will be broadcast on the next available frequency depending on priority.

Every user‘s two way radio on a trunked system is given a priority through the site controller. The site controller is like the router or server for all the transmissions on a trunked system. I’m going to send you a PM

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I appreciate this. So is this DIFFERENT than regular frequencies? When I do an RR import, I open the drop downs and select which ones I like. It imports frequencies. But is that the “old” way?
You need to choose Web Import from the Files Drop=down menu, then select from RadioReference)that'll be your only choice), then Trunked Systems.
1684879670859.png
Once you've logged into accessing the database, select your country, state, and county. Click the Select down arrow to see the list of trunked systems for your county. Select "(MOSWIN)"
1684880937866.png

Click on the plus "+" sign by the Sites choice.
Scroll down through the list to locate Farrar, which is the site for your county, and check the box by it.
.1684881140842.png

Once choosing your site, then scroll down until to see the line for Talkgroups. Select the plus sign to expand the list of talkgroup departments. Scroll down until you see Perry & select it by checking the box. You can then expend the list of Perry talkgroups by selecting the sign next to it. You'll see the talkgroups for your county and can select all of them, or only the ones you want.

1684881540397.png

Once you have picked the site(s) and talkgroups you want, the hit the Import button. That will then give you a choice of naming the system, assigning it to a scanlist, and choosing what you want the talkgroups to be named.

1684881783895.png

Once you;ve made your selections, hit "OK" to import what you've chosen, That imports the system into Win500. Note that you must select a scanlist for assigning the system, or else you will get a 'Heap Error' when trying to scan. (Don't use '00').

Go to the Object Oriented Scanners Software oage in the Wiki, Then, scroll down to the section labeled as Win500. You'll see links for a couple of online guides to using the software.

I have attached a file where I imported the site for your county, the listed talkgroups for Perry, and State Police Troop C which cover your area.

Once you get comfortable with the software, you might want to add the sites and talkgroups for the counties adjacent to yours.

Attachments

• Perry County.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 0

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You might also to see this Wiki page that gives you an explanation on how trunked systems work.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is what I have set up on WIN500
I don't see a trunked system for MOSWIN. You need to use this site at a minimum:
3 (3)004 (4)FarrarPerry, MO152.5025c152.660c152.8025169.650170.9375
And these talkgroups:
DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
MOSWIN has many other talkgroups such as highway patrol and your surrounding counties as well as many other agencies and interops.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't see a trunked system for MOSWIN. You need to use this site at a minimum:
3 (3)004 (4)FarrarPerry, MO152.5025c152.660c152.8025169.650170.9375
And these talkgroups:
DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
MOSWIN has many other talkgroups such as highway patrol and your surrounding counties as well as many other agencies and interops.
MOSWIN is the statewide system, and does show up on OPs scanner when doing an import.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As I see the OP is using Win500 we have an article in our wiki that may help. It links over to the Utah scanning site where Win500's manual is kept as a wiki

Note that there are searches at the bottom for Bing and YouTube videos that may also help.

There is also an Easier to Read manual for this scanner, viz

Keep in mind that the 1065, as shown in the chart at the first article, is a rebadged GRE PSR600. The PSR500 is the handheld version. So anything written for these 2 scanners will work fine for the 1065

GL....Mike