Trying to remember my 80's scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 80's, I had a Radio Shack, 16 channel, mobile scanner. it was rather large compared to most scanners today. I am trying to remember the model number (Pro-xx for instance). It was programmable, and pretty basic. I am hoping that someone might be able to give me a clue as to what I had. Makes me laugh when I think about it, but I fried it when I attempted to plug into my car charger (I had the wrong polarity selected). I think that I replaced it with my pro-39 (I still have although hardly use it).

Thank you kindly.

ddoorman

Perhaps you are thinking of the PRO-2001. It had 16 channels and had a black metal case. The push button controls were on the front and to the right. Also had two antenna connections on the back. I purchased mine in the late 70's and still use it to this day.

Ddoorman,

Thank you for you quick response. That does not sound like the scanner. I purchased mine in the mid 1980's and it had the BNC antenna mount on top and the buttons were on the front face. The body was thermoset plastic (as a matter of fact, the plastic around my bnc mount failed and I ended up super gluing it - how ugly it was but it worked.)

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.