trying to scan Independence/kcmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLotus213

I'm new to all this and I know someone who loves to listen but is have trouble... so i thought id get on here and learn more and try to figure out some thing. I found the live stream but idealy id like to get some sort of a hand held...and the locals at radioshack are saying like 600 bucks for a scanner that can pick up the local channels! and they had a hard time telling me what it was the scanner needed to pick up the channels basically all i could get was digital and like 768megz and how he couldnt find anything cheaper....i think they just want to make a sale but im sure its expensive to get into it..... so this live feed is cool but is it reliable is their some sort of "computer scanner" that can pick it up with the frequencys? any help is welcomed .....

Where o were are the jackson cnty people at!!

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
buy the bcd396t from the manufactor direct. coast is 544. that with shipping. radioshack is a rippoff.

DarkLotus213

well im still on the the lookout for somthing....maybe something used...it doesnt have to be all spiffy or brand new....just somthing that will work lol..yah know.... thats why im learnin more about it and what excatly i need in a radio to pick up indep/bluesprings and such

DarkLotus213

Radio shack pro-163 1000 ch triple trunking mobile/base scanner

Radio shack pro-163 1000 ch triple trunking mobile/base scanner what do u all think of this scanner will it pick up independence....it says its triple trunking and operates in the 700megz band?

wb0wao

The PRO-163 is an analog scanner and will not pick up the digital signals from Independence PD. If you want to listen to any agency that has gone digital, you will pretty much have to shell out $500 or so to get a new scanner or try and find a used one somewhere.

kcscan6

Radio shack pro-163 1000 ch triple trunking mobile/base scanner what do u all think of this scanner will it pick up independence....it says its triple trunking and operates in the 700megz band?

wb0wao is correct. You will not receive Independence or any digital on a Pro-163 receiver. If you have your heart set on monitoring Independence, your only options are to buy a Radio Shack Pro 106 (Handheld), Radio Shack Pro 197 (Desktop/Mobile), GRE PSR 500 (Handheld), GRE PSR 600 (Desktop/Mobile), Uniden BCD396XT (Handheld), or a Uniden BCD996XT. Those are the only ones that will receive and track 700MHz digital systems.

If you want to save money and buy something used, check craigslist or e-bay. I've seen a few of those listed above for $250-$350. If you want to buy new, I would recommend going through Scannermaster, however, you end up spending well over $500 if you choose to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.