BCD325P2/BCD996P2: trying to scan loaded frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

onetimephil

Hello. Months ago I had help loading Portland ,Oregon PGE channels on my BCD 996P2. And I can hear PGE now that my power is out. The only problem is the thing won't scan them. Every time it lands on one of the frequencies, it shows Group7, Slot2, and locks on that channel. I must manualy scan the rest of them. Is there a way to get the thing to scan these channels. I've asked this before months ago, but got no answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Phil

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
How's your squelch set? Is this a set of conventional frequencies or a trunked system? Do you hear static or data emissions when it lands on a channel? If squelch is set too low it can cause what you reported. Set it to 2 or 3

onetimephil

thanks. these are trunked frequencies. checked the squelch. Not the problem. the frequencies are 217.03125 thru 217.31875. Seven different ones. Manually I can sit at the scanner and go thru them, since there is no power and not much else to do. Kind of a pain though. I miss my radio shack pro scanner when PGE had those frequencies.

onetimephil

I have no idea what DMR NXDN P25 or LCN mean. I had a hard enough time getting these channels loaded with the help of people on this forum. Not computer or trunking system savvy. So if I go to Proscan you think I can get it done?

onetimephil

Thanks. I have already offered to pay anyone in the Portland,Oregon area and got no takers. I tried to get barecat to do it and they would not. I'll just keep doing what works for me and that is just do it manually. But thanks anyway.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The system you want to scan is in the if this is the correct system the you can pay for the premium subscription buy proscan and download the correct setup to your scanner and it will work like you want it to.

onetimephil

So I downloaded Proscan and I have a picture of my scanner on my desktop. I just don't know what to do next. I see the support at the top. will that tell me what to do?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So I downloaded Proscan and I have a picture of my scanner on my desktop. I just don't know what to do next. I see the support at the top. will that tell me what to do?
Did you read the Quick Steps in the manual? Go to Support - Manual.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Are you going to get a RR subscription as suggested in #5? It will be easier to import the system. Not using a subscription will work too but it's more work to import the system. Advise which way and I or we can help.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea what DMR NXDN P25 or LCN mean. I had a hard enough time getting these channels loaded with the help of people on this forum. Not computer or trunking system savvy. So if I go to Proscan you think I can get it done?

You do have the DMR upgrade to the scanner? Without it you won't hear anything.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
How's your squelch set? Is this a set of conventional frequencies or a trunked system? Do you hear static or data emissions when it lands on a channel? If squelch is set too low it can cause what you reported. Set it to 2 or 3
Maybe it’s just me but I made an observation this morning (thanks to the suggestion about checking the setting) it seems are becoming more prevelant concerning squelch controls… it seems they are mostly “set and forget”, where we can get into trouble if we ignore the setting when something happens. I know myself I would never be checking my squelch setting if it weren’t for Uniden (SDS200) including the “Menu” function, by use of a “ganged” potentiometer (or what passes for one). Every time I enter the Menu I have to push the squelch knob, which causes me to feel the indicator on the knob. And I will adjust as necessary.

Scan rates will slow or lock down on a channel/frequency when the squelch is set to the hairy edge also. So a good rule of thumb is to first find that hairy edge and then increase the squelch by one or two notches… and make it a point to routinely check it as noise floor levels will change for a variety of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.