BCD325P2/BCD996P2: trying to scan loaded frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

onetimephil

so I downloaded the proscan onto my computer. What is the RR subscription that proscan mentioned above. I'll do it . I don't see how to in the manual.Thanks

onetimephil

Cheapguy mentioned a $15 deal but didn't say how to do it. Don't forget I'm 73 years old and not very knowledgeable about these things. Like I also said I couldn't find anyone in the PDX area to do it for me.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Cheapguy mentioned a $15 deal but didn't say how to do it. Don't forget I'm 73 years old and not very knowledgeable about these things. Like I also said I couldn't find anyone in the PDX area to do it for me.

All the info regarding premium membership is on that linked page.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've purchased a premium subscription to RR. will someone send me a key?
If you've downloaded ProScan, you have a 30 day free trial period before you have to either purchase it, or discontinue use. Don't expect anyone to give you their (purchased) software key. The one time $50 purchase gets you lifetime updates on the program, which supports multiple Uniden scanners. As you've purchased a Premium Subscription, you do not need a 'key' for that. Using ProScan, or any other software that supports imports from RadioReference, you log into the web service for importing via the same login & password you use here for RadioReference.

onetimephil

I've got the RR subscription and the Proscan on my computer. I went to the manual and I'm up to my usual state of confusion as to what to do next. I got the cable hooked from the scanner to the computer. Kevin C listed the PGE frequencies earlier . Is there something I need to do to get those in the scanner? Thanks,Phil

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've got the RR subscription and the Proscan on my computer. I went to the manual and I'm up to my usual state of confusion as to what to do next. I got the cable hooked from the scanner to the computer. Kevin C listed the PGE frequencies earlier . Is there something I need to do to get those in the scanner? Thanks,Phil

Is ProScan communicating with the scanner? If it is then you will see the virtual display.
Do you have a database file opened? If not then go to the Database menu and click on New. Type in a name then click Save.
After that, go to the Database menu then click on Import - RadioReference. Advise if you are at this point or beyond or need more detail instructions.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've done what you said. I'm up to the sign in. A space says name?
Type in your User Name and Password then click Connect. Do you see the RR Subscription Status box show the status and the Connect button gray out or do you see a message?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Everything is grey. it says United states and select nationwide system
Select the following:
State: Oregon
County: Multnomah
County Trunk Systems: Portland General Electric DMR

After that, click the Get Data button then unselect any of the Freqs(Sites) you don't want imported then click the Import button.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Actually, they are in the scanner. I just need to get the thing to scan them.
I missed seeing this before. You may want to delete that system in the scanner and import again as I just layed out. I don't know if those were conventional or what.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I put them in from someone who helped me before. They all say group7. How do I delete them.
Download from the scanner to ProScan. If you already Imported the Portland PGE system then uncheck the option "Delete All Systems In the Database" so it won't be erased.
Delete the system/s you don't want in the scanner. Also I would at this point go through all the conventional systems and insure the SQKs (System Quick Keys) are set to None and all the Trunking Sites SQKs (Site Quick Keys) are set to None. They can be set later if needed.

Upload to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.