Trying to submit DSD+ site and frequency files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deest3000

Premium Subscriber
Recently Ive been sending in administrative updates to some of the local radio sites that I frequently monitor. In my latest update, I attempted to share a DSD+ site and frequency file. I was notified that it was denied, due to repetitive and copied information. I was wondering if there was a way to properly submit these types of files?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Recently Ive been sending in administrative updates to some of the local radio sites that I frequently monitor. In my latest update, I attempted to share a DSD+ site and frequency file. I was notified that it was denied, due to repetitive and copied information. I was wondering if there was a way to properly submit these types of files?

If you submitted the same data more than once, an admin likely would have rejected it. If, for instance, you submitted the same information three times, you probably would have gotten two rejections. But, one of the three may be owned by an admin to be added in the future. You really need to check RadioReference.com . If you go there, you will see the submissions you have made, which ones have been rejected, which ones are open (not picked up), which ones have been worked (processed), and which ones are owned (by an admin, for them to work in the near future).

Look through them. If there are none open or owned and instead they are all rejected, then it sounds like the admin feels like you copied data from some other site or in some way submitt4ed information that was not personally confirmed by direct monitoring. And if that turns out to be the case, communicate with that admin in the ticket. If you go to RadioReference.com, you can click on a ticket to open it -- and once you open the ticket, you can "Add a Note" to communicate with the admin.

Mike

mciupa

Looking over what you submitted, it appears that site info is already documented in the database.

Perhaps look over those files to see if there is something that is not included in the database in the case of the talkgroups.

From there, submit it to look like what appears on the system page.

You can always save your files to the Wiki page for that system if you feel they will be of use to others.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Compare your files to what’s already in the database and remove any information already there.

It takes time to work submissions and having to go through one line by line is a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.