trying to understand how the DEC and Hex number is associated with the frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE1JRK

Hi folks!
I'm using unitrunker software and although it is working ok for me. I'am new and some of the channels in my area only show
3044 be4 DEHS CB 1Cape Breton 1 - Cape Breton Regional Municipality
for example. I don't know how to interpret that as a frequency. I'am new obviously. If you can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate that. Thanks. I do realize some of the frequencies are encrypted as well.

a417

That is not a frequency. MPSRN is a Project 25 trunked radio system, and that is a talkgroup ID on the trunked system.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The 'DEC' is the decimal representation of the talkgroup (TG); the 'HEX' is the same but in hexadecimal.

Sometimes a particular TG is slaved to repeat on a conventional frequency (for fire dispatches, for example), but in most cases there is no relationship between the two. The TG will likely jump from frequency to frequency within the site throughout the life of the conversation - but we're getting ahead of ourselves. Read these 2 files first - the 2nd is a PDF file written by the late Paul Opitz (UPMan)....

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.