BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Trying to update firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcox

When I get past the odd USB port dropouts, I am getting a message that I don't have Internet access, or that "the remote server returned an error: (550) File unavailable (e.g. File not found, No access). Please confirm Internet settings."

Is there a problem where Version 1.07.07 is stored, or has my HughesNet Broadband connection found yet another way to mess with me?

tomcox

BCD996P2 Firmware Update, cont.

Tried one last time, when it occurred to me that I was skipping a version, 1.07.06. (The radio came with 1.06.00 installed). Success. Now I might get brash and try 1.07.07 again.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just tried it twice. Nope. I will try again in the morning, before our throttled bandwidth starts.
Sounds like a connectivity/internet issue.

Who is your internet service through? I've seen issues like this before, where the service provider blocks access to specific links, such as and FTP address. Also, make sure your firewall, if active, is not blocking you.

tomcox

It worked on the 2nd attempt, this morning (5:35AM). As I said in the initial post, I suspected HughesNet was yanking me, and this doesn't confirm that, but leaves the possibility open. The "service" throttles us down after 8:00AM local, to punish us for using our monthly total data allowance before the end of the billing period. HN also blocks some ports with throttling, maybe including the one(s) used to download the firmware. Life in the boondocks. In any case, situation resolved. Now getting used to weird digital voices and services not heard before.

JamesO

I suspected HughesNet was yanking me.

My condolences! I am not going to say anything else because you probably have no other options than HughesNet.

While I started reading, I was wondering if you were on HughesNet.

You need a Ping program to look for congestion and latency when you are having downloading problems.That will tell you really quickly if the outside pipe is the problem which it was.

phask

Premium Subscriber
This issue arises a lot with HP users that update the database. Obvioulshappens more ofen than firmware.

latency issue

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
Tom,
You might have the same problem i had with Comcast modem. They block the FTP port. You need to go into the modem and lower the firewall and it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.