TS/Hurricane Milton Master Thread

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
please keep all discussions regarding the incoming storm in this thread.

be ready - especially in the Tampa area. The time is NOW to get the things that you will need for the next week or so. If you are evacuating, you need to watch the track closely and make sure you aren't moving into the path of the storm.

Fill your car with fuel. Get extra gas for the generator (and go test run it - TODAY) - and please, PLEASE don't run the generator anywhere near your house or in the garage.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
From what Hurrevac Hurricane program that I use to track hurricanes here's the updated track where the storm is going/headed to.

Stay safe and becareful.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 12.44.48 PM.png

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've moved this thread to the general Florida forum.

Please start to collect any data on radio systems use, frequencies, interop, and other reference data related to this storm here:

Note that public safety agencies make extensive use of this data from us during and after the storm. Accurate data helps FEMA and surrounding agencies, and remote agencies that come in to assist, in these planning efforts. I know for a fact your data and info posted here and collected in the Wiki article will help those folks.

wtp

generator checked
shutters mostly up
neighborhood still just mud.
flashlight ready (backup candles in the closet)
solar lights were out charging today to bring them inside if needed.

wtp

dave,
i am near orlando and peachland ave.
port charlotte like it says.
i sure do know rotonda.
it is like a 3 mile wide circle in a circle in a circle.
don't go there without a map or GPS !

tvengr

Well Known Member
If anyone needs it, here is an ARC XT file for the Pinellas County trunked system. Site 5 will be the only one scanning when first uploaded.

Attachments

• Pinellas Co FL XT.zip
    3 KB · Views: 6

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
i am near orlando and peachland ave.
port charlotte

Be safe down there. My buddy was staying but said based on the flood zone he is in and the new surge predictions that he is now seeking shelter elsewhere.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
For what it's worth here is a link to a website that some of the heavy hitter storm chasers send mobile feeds to. It was very active during Helene.

Stay safe down there. Although I gripe about the nor'easters in the winter up here, I've long since concluded that I live in an overall good part of the country...well weatherwise anyway.