TSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

Our airport TSA is 172.90000 001NAC P25. How do I enter that into sentinel software?
thanks,
old man newb
Unless you are right on top of the airporr, I doubt you will hear their low power radios.

Create or open a favorites list, create or open a group, enter the frequency and it's NAC. P25 is the digital type.

You can also probably enter it by finding it under nationwide stuff in the database, right click and append to favorites list.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

shadcall

The TSA for our airport is listed in the RR database under our state and then our county and then the name of our airport and then under Federal. I live 2 miles from the airport and cannot receive them. Also I am not sure how active they are. When I flew last fall I did not hear a peep from them while I was at the 3 airports I was in. I had it set so I would receive the frequency even if encrypted even though I knew it would not decode. This would allow me to know if they were active.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Enter it as a P25 One Frequency Trunk...ID Search. When setting up the site, add 172.150 to the frequencies. Midway Airport in Chicago switched frequencies (or channels) around a year ago.

wtp

years ago

i worked across the street from an airport and at 1000 feet away i had trouble hearing most transmissions.
they are LOW power.

ecps92

When you say the Airport is... do you mean listed in the RR DB ?
Over the past 18+ mo's TSA migrated away from the Generic 001 NAC to assigning individual NAC's on an Airport-by-Airport basis, many still not Reported to the RRDB by the users.

So, you may want to use Tone/NAC Search first to ensure the correct NAC
otherwise you will hear nothing.

Our airport TSA is 172.90000 001NAC P25. How do I enter that into sentinel software?
thanks,
old man newb

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
When you say the Airport is... do you mean listed in the RR DB ?
Over the past 18+ mo's TSA migrated away from the Generic 001 NAC to assigning individual NAC's on an Airport-by-Airport basis, many still not Reported to the RRDB by the users.

So, you may want to use Tone/NAC Search first to ensure the correct NAC
otherwise you will hear nothing.

If you set it up as a One Frequency Trunk, NAC Code not needed.

ecps92

Yes, but if you have more than one airport near-by the use of the NAC helps to weed out the other airport :cool:

However that was not the OP's question to use One Freq Trunking
If you set it up as a One Frequency Trunk, NAC Code not needed.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes, but if you have more than one airport near-by the use of the NAC helps to weed out the other airport :cool:

True...but...only if they are using the same talk group, that could be a problem. I set it up as trunking and not conventional. This way I also see Radio ID's.

ecps92

Generally most Conventional users are TG: 1 and TG: 4095
Even with near-by co-channel users.

But we are going off topic as the user just wants to program conventionally

True...but...only if they are using the same talk group, that could be a problem. I set it up as trunking and not conventional. This way I also see Radio ID's.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure. OP just asked how to enter the frequency in the Sentinel. Since it's P25 it could be entered conventional or One frequency Trunk. If entered trunk, no NAC is needed. It was another option...don't know the airport, or preferred programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.