Tsunami Warning - Pacific Coast Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I've setup a website with the live tv coverage in a 3 way split Live Coverage

The image is what the page looks like. Some of those other ones out there are full of ads and stuff. Some guy on ustream has a camera pointed at a bad tv.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
It's something i've been doing for years now. When Katrina hit I had a 3x4 feed going so 12 video at once. Sure taxes a computer doing it.

TBennettcc

Got a tutorial or something you could put together?

I'm a Computer Science student at Florida Gulf Coast University, getting ready to graduate with a Bachelor's in 10 weeks.

I'm sure you've got to have quite an internet connection in addition to that big computer...

jobes

Feed Provider
webstar22 the feed is working perfectly. Thanks for taking the time (and pc power) providing a great service.

Kudos!

SkipSanders

Silent Key
All USN ships in San Diego were ordered to make preparations to get underweigh and out of port for protection against the tidal surge.

Rather interesting to note that very, very few of them were able to get underweigh with 3+ hours notice. I suspect there's going to be some 'discussions' between Com3rdFleet and his Captains about that...

Monitored on the Command Early Warning Net (San Diego), 328.2 AM (Try this frequency if you're around a USN port, it seems to be the most used frequency for this - CWEN is the channel all US Navy ships monitor while in port for emergency messages, as their regular com watch is shut down in port.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Several fire/emergency services stations on the HI live audio feed have begun evacuating themselves from the lowest areas after having been doing residential evac all morning. The FD/EMS units will be evacuated to high ground by 1100 HST (top of the next hour).

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Honolulu TV2 has a camera on top of a 47 story bld - many ships are motoring out to sea now - they will be safe 1 mile offshore

Sounds like the waves gonna hit any minute here in the Monterey bay area SO and STATE parks making sure everyone is off the beach's

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber

Right here - click "Live Audio" up top.

Air1 reports people moving around barricades and approaching beach, so requested HPD.

HPD said we aren't going to get them at this point.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the waves gonna hit any minute here in the Monterey bay area SO and STATE parks making sure everyone is off the beach's

Latest report for West Coast:

LA JOLLA CA 0.8M/2.6 FT LOS ANGELES CA 0.8M/2.6 FT
MALIBU CA 1.0M/3.3 FT PISMO BEACH CA 1.4M/4.6 FT
HALF MOON BAY CA 1.0M/3.3 FT SAN DIEGO CA 0.4M/1.3 FT
HUMBOLDT BAY CA 0.4M/1.3FT CRESCENT CITY CA 0.6M/2.0 FT
SANTA MONICA CA 1.2M/3.9 FT MOCLIPS WA 0.4M/1.3 FT
SANTA BARBARA CA 0.8M/2.6 FT LAGUNA BEACH CA 0.9M/2.9 FT
SEWARD AK 0.4M/1.3 FT KODIAK AK 0.7M/2.3 FT

Status
Not open for further replies.