Tuba City???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Just got off the phone, and I will be in Tuba City the first two weeks of Sept, and then a few days in Chinle!!!

What counties are these cities in???

Along with my scanner, I hope to pack a two meter rig, so the evenings aren't too boring!!!!
and a stop at a Barnes and Nobles in PHX on the way up...

many thanks...

no room for a HF rig, darn it.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
mass-man said:
Just got off the phone, and I will be in Tuba City the first two weeks of Sept, and then a few days in Chinle!!!

What counties are these cities in???

Along with my scanner, I hope to pack a two meter rig, so the evenings aren't too boring!!!!
and a stop at a Barnes and Nobles in PHX on the way up...

many thanks...

no room for a HF rig, darn it.

Tuba City is in Coconino County, North and slightly east of Flagstaff.

Chinle is in Apache County, to the east of Cottonwood, in the almost extreme NE of the state.

Go to this site for 2m repeaters in Arizona .... http://65.65.75.211/azrptrs.nt//pmwiki.php

And if you get a chance, I need some help with identifying some 800mhz trunk systems that you might be near, if you're interested....

John
SE of Tucson

Josh

OMG! That's fantastic!

I may have to make a pilgimage to Tuba City, because a city with a name that cool has to be teaming with Oktoberfest antics, like beer and tuba music year-round.

(BTW, I play tuba).

-Josh

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Hey FLANO...I will be glad to monitor some 800 trunk systems for you...unless they are P-25 as I have not yet purchased a 396T...

I will know more after my trip, but I suspect you need to educate Josh about TUBA CITY...I somehow doubt it is full of Oktoberfest antics, just from the reading I have done.

Let me know what you need...

Josh

Well, here in Michigan we have a fun little town called Christmas.... it's not as much fun as the North Pole though... but it's not far either. :p

-Josh

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Tuba City adventure!!!

Putting it quickly...the GRAND CANYON MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!

I record sound for television, most of the time documentaries, and this is a thing for PBS on the festival, and a string quartet that is travelling out there. They will work with the Navajo High School music classes to write a concerto and then perform it on the last nite of the festival.

Supposed to be recorded by me, NPR, and possibly some French TV network as two members of the quartet are from France.

Possibly quite interesting while I am working, on the time off, probably not. Thus the reason for the scanner, ham HT and a pile of books!!!

It beats the HE** out of Pakistan and Afghanistan where I was exactly one year ago right now...and New Orleans right after that for almost a month!!!

nhp9943

Tuba City is on the Navaho Nation. It is policed by the Tribal Police only no white men cops. It is a sheet hole so bring your XM or Sirius and plan on doing some reading because there isn't much else. Sorry to be a downer but a sharp stick in the eye would be more fun.

Chinle is also on indian land, I have never been there but Google is your friend on that place.

radio10-8

Visit Canyon De Chelly while your there, Meteor Crater is not far either and try to drive to Four Corners. There is alot to see there.

Status
Not open for further replies.