Tucson 100 blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I'm down in Tucson for the foreseen future and of course I have the radios with me. Since it appears all the incidents are identified by 100 block cross streets a map would be helpful. I've looked all over and have not been able to find one. So, if some one has one r known of a link where I can download one I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Rich

KB7MIB

You could also go to a Barnes & Noble bookstore and pick up a Tucson metro area map book.

I buy one every couple of years for the Phoenix metro area.

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys!! I’ll try the web if that doesn’t work I’ll find a B&N down here.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
The book you want is called a "Thomas Guide" for Tucson. Before GPS, it was the definitive authority on streets in an area. Even after GPS, it was still better than GPS. It has all the hundred blocks listed on the map pages and street names listed alphabetically.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
The book you want is called a "Thomas Guide" for Tucson. Before GPS, it was the definitive authority on streets in an area. Even after GPS, it was still better than GPS. It has all the hundred blocks listed on the map pages and street names listed alphabetically.

Yup, we used them back in the day when I drove ambulance in Phoenix. Funny thing kids these days wouldn't have a clue how to use them. LOL

Paysonscanner

I'm glad I'm not the only person who, for a number of reasons, still like to use paper maps. Map books are great and the Thomas Brothers maps are great. I still have our full California TB map book. It used to be that when Hubby took a structural engine from our fire department to a mutual aid situation the CDF dispatcher gave them a TB page number and grid along with the incident and order numbers. Late Hubby grew up in SOCAL so he had a TB L.A. county map book in his first pickup. I do use a GPS in the cars as it tells you what side of the street an address is on and is safer than having a paper map on your lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.