Tulare County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starman918

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for unit numbers for Visalia, Lindsey, and Exeter Police. I believe that Exeter and Lindsey switch to the Sheriff's frequencies after hours, but I can't tell without unit numbers. Any information on this county would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

kma371

QRT
The Bob Kelty radio books (government radio systems) usually have that kind of info. My bay area and central valley editions don't include Tulare county.

Ham radio outlet in Oakland sells the edition you need if you wanted to buy one unless someone here has them.

PaulNDaOC

Uh, before you refer someone to a link, you should check the contents of said link.

There's nothing in the wiki page for Tulare County. It's blank.

Interesting because if you go to the Tulare County database page and click on the Wiki link there is unit numbering info.

I pasted the url from that page.

Part of what is on the page is:

Patrol Stations

10 - Headquarters office in Visalia covering Visalia, Tulare, Goshen, Ivanhoe, Woodlake, Exeter, Farmersville
20 - Porterville office covering Lindsay, Strathmore, Plainview, Woodville, Cotton Center, Porterville, Terra Bella, Ducor, Richgrove. Mountain deputies in Springville, Camp Nelson, Hot Springs, Johnsondale.
30- Pixley substation covering Tipton, Pixley Earlimart, Alpaugh
40- Orosi substation covering Cutler, Orosi, Sultana, New London Dinuba.
The Sheriff's Department dispatches for the following police departments

Exeter using radio numbers 12E or 800-820
Farmersville using radio numbers 12F or 821-840
Woodlake using radio numbers 12W or 841-869
Lindsay using radio numbers 20L, or 870-899
admin numbers 100-160
Station commanders use their station and 1, for example Porterville Commander is 201, the exception is HQ patrol who is 161.
Detectives are in the 500 range
DA in the 1200 range
Reserves in the 900 range
Jails in the 6000 range

kma371

QRT
The link you posted missed the closing ")" in "(CA)" so it sent us to a blank page.

Last edited:

wa6ylb

Tulare Co unit numbers

As of 7-1-12

Patrol Stations

10 - Headquarters office in Visalia covering Visalia, Tulare, Goshen, Ivanhoe, Woodlake, Exeter, Farmersville

WA6YLB-> The HQ sub breaks down into areas, such as 10A, 10B, 14X etc. Anything that starts with an 1 is from HQ.
20 - Porterville office covering Lindsay, Strathmore, Plainview, Woodville, Cotton Center, Porterville, Terra Bella, Ducor, Richgrove. Mountain deputies in Springville, Camp Nelson, Hot Springs, Johnsondale.

WA6YLB-> Same for the "20"... 20A, 20B, 23A , 25A, 26A etc, are all out of the Porterville Sub.
30- Pixley substation covering Tipton, Pixley Earlimart, Alpaugh

WA6YLB-> These break down into districts - 30A, 30B etc.
40- Orosi substation covering Cutler, Orosi, Sultana, New London Dinuba.

WA6YLB-> Same for Orosi sub with beginning number "40"
All officers and admin officers are issued individual ID numbers. For instance, officers that are assigned to the Porterville Sub station "20" will have a specific number - 200 is the sub, 201 is the LT, 202-205 are Sargents, then officers fill in numbers starting after the Sargents. This is the same for all the subs.

Detectives have simular numbers, but are in different numbered groups.

The Sheriff's Department dispatches for the following police departments

Exeter using radio numbers 12E or 800-820

WA6YLB-> Actually, 800 (the Exeter PD itself), through 829.

Farmersville using radio numbers 12F or 821-840
WA6YLB_> this should say "830" through "859"

Woodlake using radio numbers 12W or 841-869

WA6YLB -> as of July 1, 2012, Woodlake has stopped after hours and week end dispatching
with Tulare Co Sheriff. Their new unit ID's are W1 (William 1) through W15 or so. I am not sure how high the value goes - I havent seen the officer list yet. The City of Porterville PD has been doing after hours dispatching. When both agencies are off regular hours, their city channels (Lindsay and Woodlake) are tied together, so that what ever Woodlake is doing, you hear it on Lindsays channel etc.

Lindsay using radio numbers 20L, or 870-899

WA6YLB -> as of July 1, 2012, Lindsay PD and Lindsay City Fire has stopped after hours and week end dispatching with Tulare Co Sheriff and Tulare Co Fire (FireComm) respectivily. Their new unit ID's are L1 (Lincoln 1) through L15 or so. I am not sure how high the value goes - I havent seen the officer list yet. The City of Porterville PD has been doing after hours dispatching. When both agencies are off regular hours, their city channels (Lindsay and Woodlake) are tied together, so that what ever Woodlake is doing, you hear it on Lindsays channel etc. Lindsay's PD officers are also the firemen in Lindsay - they serve a dual role.

admin numbers 100-160

WA6YLB-> the numbers go beyond 160... almost to 200. Visalia HQ Patrol Sargents are 160-166 etc.

Station commanders use their station and 1, for example Porterville Commander is 201, the exception is HQ patrol who is 161.
Detectives are in the 500 range
DA in the 1200 range
Reserves in the 900 range
Jails in the 6000 range[/QUOTE]

B.

Starman918

Thanks for the update. You have cleared up a lot of questions that I had relating to monitoring Tulare County. I did find 454.1375 with a tone of 110.9. It appears to be College of the Sequoias Campus Police. If you or anyone has any other frequencies, (including business frequencies) please post them as I am in Tulare County about five times a year to visit my Dad and Sister. Thanks. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.