Tulsa D-Star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqscout

Are there any D-Star users in Tulsa?

OKC has their repeaters now. Just wondering if any of you guys were putting one up or knew if anyone else was?

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire
ROFL. The Tulsa crew...doing something progressive? This I have got to see. Some of the folks still haven't figured out PL tones let alone D-Star. :)

peterjmag

Secret_Squirrel said:
ROFL. The Tulsa crew...doing something progressive? This I have got to see. Some of the folks still haven't figured out PL tones let alone D-Star. :)

freqscout,
I know present to you the high priest of the church of the painful truth! Squirrel is 100% right as usual. LMAO!

ae5me

Premium Subscriber
What frequencies are Oklahoma City's D-star repeaters on? Did they go full-blown 1.2 Ghz, or just voice digital on 2 meter?

I can speak from experience that the support for 1.2 Ghz D-star in Tulsa has been close to pathetic.

--Jeff AE5ME

freqscout said:
Are there any D-Star users in Tulsa?

OKC has their repeaters now. Just wondering if any of you guys were putting one up or knew if anyone else was?

mfolta1

now now boys, that mayor taylor is doing a fine job, tulsa is moving forward with a new arena, who needs d star and nice roads when you have a new arena? and how about that river project and...............hahahahahaha!!

freqscout

D-Star in OKC is on

The UHF repeater is running a little deaf right now. The VHF has excellent sensitivity but isn't up all that high. Don't count on awesome coverage, especially with a handheld. They do function reliable though. The network backhaul is down right now so the linking/reporting is off line. It will be back online when we get the link unit back from Tranzeo (when that will be is completely up in the air).

ka5j

Do you know how many hams in Tulsa have D-Star equipment? I thought myself (IC-91AD) and KN4EW (IC-92-AD) were the only ones. I listen on 145.67 and haven't heard any activity around here.

Dave KA5J
Tulsa

DMR is up and running, I was listening on the North America group to a couple of guys chatting one in Florida and the other in Canada. Works quite well.

KD5WLX

There is a D-Star repeater at Channel 8 - 443.000. It's internet gateway is flaky, though. Been there over a year.

N5TWB

I can only vouch for W5TC. One of these directories, maybe this one, is based on actual system operation so there shouldn't be any "paper" repeaters.

View attachment 48823

D-StarUsers.org Your Source for D-Star Digital Amateur Radio Information!

On this list, I can tell you about the ones in Tulsa. The KN5V is in the church bell tower @ 71st & Mingo, across the street from Union High School. As stated previously, W5IAS is at Lookout Mountain/Channel 8 and has Internet connectivity issues. This is being worked on and will hopefully be resolved. The N5XP is no longer operational and has been returned to ICOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.