Tulsa Digital Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatertj

Anyone else experiencing choppy signal while mobile when listening to OKWIN Tulsa Digital? Since TPD and TFD have gone full digital, I get terrible reception when mobile. This is on a pro-106, connected to a NMO Larid 800mhz Phantom. I also have 1/4 wave 800mhz and it sounds the same when mobile. I have changed some settings around but dont seem to find any setting that helps. Any suggestions?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Yes and it sucks, I'm in an area of BA that is radio transmissions crowded and the Tulsa Digital reception is horrible, the analog system no problem.

skatertj

Well Im glad im not the only one experiencing this. Do any of you have one of the new Unidens like the 436hp or 536hp? I have read that they outperform the 106-500 units on digital distortion. I only have my 106 so I dont know how the unidens perform on this system.

I am also in the BA area and stationary, If i find my scanners sweet spot, it performs good, but mobile I can not pick up anything pretty much.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I have read that they outperform the 106-500 units on digital distortion.

Simulcast, not simply digital. Good digital audio is good there are just lots of ways to make it ungood. Ungood analog is still useful, ungood digital not so much.

Simulcasting from two or more towers is a good way to make digital ungood (to a scanner). Loose squelch helps. Attenuator may help. Less of an antenna may help. Unfortunately, none of these, save the squelch one, are useful while mobile. The idea with all of them is to *not* hear the other transmitter, only the one closest to you (or with the stronger signal at least).

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I have both the 436 and 536. They are noticeably better than my old 996xt but still quite a few issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Digital mode

My PRO-106s, I have two, will no longer receive digital on the Tulsa AAPCO25 site. My PRO-197 does fine. It's antenna is a discone up about 30 ft. Neither 106 will pick up digital or analog Tulsa PD on that antenna. I used to receive Tulsa with them on the RS 800MHz rubber duck.

They do fine mobile when Im in Tulsa.

Any ideas?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
My PRO-106s, I have two, will no longer receive digital on the Tulsa AAPCO25 site. My PRO-197 does fine. It's antenna is a discone up about 30 ft. Neither 106 will pick up digital or analog Tulsa PD on that antenna. I used to receive Tulsa with them on the RS 800MHz rubber duck.

They do fine mobile when Im in Tulsa.

Any ideas?

You have activated the attenuator?

ronnoc3

Owasso Police

Anyone know if the Owasso Police listed on here are correct? I used to broadcast them but it quit on me the other day. I figure they must have changed frequencies on me.

Last edited:

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
AFAIK the listing is correct, were you broadcasting the Digital ID or the Anolog?

peterjmag

Just liked mentioned the receive issues is not a weak signal but rather P25 simulcast distortion. Like its been discussed in order to remedy this annoyance focus your antenna on the closet tower you are located to. The guys in B.A. most likely 61st and Sheridan. When I moved here to Wichita it drove me nuts! I finally got my antenna fixated on the closest of 10 sites and my receive is perfect. You guys monitoring Tulsa only have 2 sites, one at 61st and Sheridan and the other at the Williams Center downtown. There have been numerous articles and testimonies written about this issue. Welcome to the world of digital! Here are some links. Hope this helps.

As for Owasso, they switched to P25 before I moved back in October. The analog control channel might still be on but I would change all my focus to the new P25 control channel.

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion

https://forums.radioreference.com/k...-sedgwick-country-p25-threshold-settings.html

Status
Not open for further replies.