Tulsa fire needs TPD and gets NO response

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfolta1

Unbelievable! Tulsa fire calls for tpd for a wreck at 51 and lewis, fire is afraid they may get hit cause they are in a bad spot and all lanes are blocked and there could easily be another accident. about 5 minutes later dispatch on 7g heres 2 cars go 10-8 and then asks for a volunteer to assist fire at 51 and lewis. the call goes unanswered, a car checks out at booking and the dispatcher never assigns a car to the wreck. about 15 minutes later fire asks for tpd's status and advises wreckers are on scene waiting to tow vehicles, dispatcher says "we asked for a volunteer and no one wanted to volunteer" fire then advises that both parties are arguing about who caused the wreck and that they need tpd. same as before, dispatch asks for a volunteer and no officers come on to go so it goes unassigned. finally tfd asks what the deal is and tfd dispatch says again, no volunteer. so tfd engine co advises that alcohol is a factor what do we do? just release everyone from the scene? i turned the scanner off at this point. what the hell is wrong with dispatch? there were cars 10-8, why not assign one to the wreck? or get someone from another side of town?

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire
What do you do? You know what to do! You call Kathy Taylor's action line and get the friggin' mayor involved. She can solve all of those issues. Right? :)

You should also know by this stage in the game that this is just a small example of some of the silly BS that occurs on a daily basis in some of our local dispatch centers. There's reasons for it all though, and most of the time, the people right in the middle of it know why but can't tell anyone for fear of their jobs.

KC0QNB

Thats crazy, and all that money spent on interoperability doesn't mean squat if the people involved don't care. Here on the other hand the PD (paid) and the FD (volunteer) work and play well with each other, yesterday the police in one town responded to a call "out in the county" the SO deputies were farther away but were headed to the scene, as it turned out two city LEOs, one SOd, rescue and fire were on scene, less than 10 minutes after the call was dispatched.

fireant

I always had heard good about Tulsa PD however they have had lots of issues and their image is now very tarnished. Why could they not assign it? How would they feel if a officer was injured and needed medical aid and the Fire Dept would not respond? There was a report don't remember where I read it about alot of problems within Tulsa Police. I thought they was one of the more elite Police Dept in the state? or at least use to be.

fireant

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed a new practice of "Picking Calls" from their MDT or Cads screens as I listen on occasion, there is more and more less talk on dispatch channels and I though that maybe for a minute that an officer had just picked the call off the screen, but it sounds like no one did. How does a TFD Call for help rate a Volunteer status instead of an assigned call. Ask the Mayor, it's her Chief.

mfolta1

I have noticed a new practice of "Picking Calls" from their MDT or Cads screens as I listen on occasion, there is more and more less talk on dispatch channels and I though that maybe for a minute that an officer had just picked the call off the screen, but it sounds like no one did. How does a TFD Call for help rate a Volunteer status instead of an assigned call. Ask the Mayor, it's her Chief.

actually they are being courteous when you hear them say "ill take cads 1234" heres the deal, the mdt's show calls waiting to be assigned and alot of officers see them and are already in the area so they go 10-8 fron the call they are on and say ill take cads etc call. they dont just go thru and pick the calls holding, they save dispatch the time of having to put the call out verbally. its a courtesy. the lazy officers dont even look at the mdt's. lol! so when you hear an officer come on and take a cads call holding, your hearing a true pro officer who is ready to get the calls cleared and dealt with. not a lazy ass who waits for it to be verbally assigned/dispatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.