Tulsa Police Beat Designators

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK956

Someone had posted a question earlier this year wanting a beat designator map for Tulsa PD. That thread is closed and that member is shown to have left.

But for anyone that wants them I've attached what i can find.

For anyone who listens to Tulsa, it's easy to find through an internet search what squads are assigned to what divisions so I wont cover that.

Ok might as well... Gilcrease Div A B C squad. Mingo Valley D E F squad. Riverside G H I squad.

Their other designators are specialty units. Williams, like Sticks Larkin are gang units or street crimes units etc. Victors and Unions are detective divisions. Zebras traffic units. Youngs are other speciality divisions like SOT or bomb squad etc. Roberts and Lincolns are admins.

In the maps you will see A5 or D3 or G2.

The A is Adam squad, D David squad G George squad and so on.

I couldnt find my old MVD map so all I have is the David squad.

If the map shows a D2 grid. Then that is David squad beat 2.

Their designator is comprised of what shift they work as well.

So hypothetically, a David 102 is David squad 1st shift beat 2. David 202 is 2nd shift beat 2 and of course David 302 is 3rd shift beat 2.

Not all officers keep the same radio designators at all times. If they fill in an overtime slot for someone then they will assume that squad and shift and beat number.

Sometimes officers will have to write their number down on a sticky note on the dash because it can be so fluid whereas with other agencies your designator becomes sentimental and its who you are all of the time no matter what.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-200526_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-200526_Drive.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20200626-200836_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-200836_Drive.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200626_211048.jpg
    20200626_211048.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20200627-004038_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200627-004038_Gallery.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 32

OK956

Of course there is always some logistical changes but it gives you a good idea.

And I forgot to cover supervisors. A 2 digit designator like Adam 10 (1st shift sgt) or Adam 39 (3rd shift corporal)

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
How many officers patrol a squad.... Such as George.

I know it depends on call demand, I am assuming it ranges from 12 to 15 officers

OK956

Some squads are as high as about 20. Some less. It all just depends.

And I just noticed a typo. A designator like Adam 19 would be a sergeant, not corporal. The 9 signifies sergeant and the 1 means 1st shift.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Henry 50, a TPD officer I knew, was a captain and a relative

However, this was back in the early 90s. He passed away a few months after he retired.

During this time he was a lieutenant having the designator Henry 50.

He was promoted to captain during his last two years of service

A truly great man in every way

Last edited by a moderator:

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
“So hypothetically, a David 102 is David squad 1st shift beat 2.
David 202 is 2nd shift beat 2 and of course David 302 is 3rd shift beat 2.”

Thanks OK956. I have one additional question. And thanks again for taking the time to post that information

In the example that you gave you said that, for example, David 102 would be 1st shift beat 2
Does that mean there’s only one officer per beat in a squad?

Thanks again for your contributions!

OK956

I believe so but I could be wrong. Beats can be logistically different because of call volume and a lot can change. But I covered more in that PM reply to ya

TSTF

Someone had posted a question earlier this year wanting a beat designator map for Tulsa PD. That thread is closed and that member is shown to have left.

But for anyone that wants them I've attached what i can find.

For anyone who listens to Tulsa, it's easy to find through an internet search what squads are assigned to what divisions so I wont cover that.

Ok might as well... Gilcrease Div A B C squad. Mingo Valley D E F squad. Riverside G H I squad.

Their other designators are specialty units. Williams, like Sticks Larkin are gang units or street crimes units etc. Victors and Unions are detective divisions. Zebras traffic units. Youngs are other speciality divisions like SOT or bomb squad etc. Roberts and Lincolns are admins.

In the maps you will see A5 or D3 or G2.

The A is Adam squad, D David squad G George squad and so on.

I couldnt find my old MVD map so all I have is the David squad.

If the map shows a D2 grid. Then that is David squad beat 2.

Their designator is comprised of what shift they work as well.

So hypothetically, a David 102 is David squad 1st shift beat 2. David 202 is 2nd shift beat 2 and of course David 302 is 3rd shift beat 2.

Not all officers keep the same radio designators at all times. If they fill in an overtime slot for someone then they will assume that squad and shift and beat number.

Sometimes officers will have to write their number down on a sticky note on the dash because it can be so fluid whereas with other agencies your designator becomes sentimental and its who you are all of the time no matter what.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"P" Paul units = Homicide

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
This site, whose data is provided by the City of Tulsa, is very informative: It is from ARCGIS

Hope you found all the information helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.