Tulsa - RS800 & Diamond RH77ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be using the BC-246T here in the Tulsa metro area and have a question for any locals..

I want to be able to hear vhf and uhf from Tulsa county and some from surrounding counties as well as the local 800 frequencies..

I know that each antenna has its weakness and strength..

Here in Tulsa, if I were to get the Diamond, will I loose my 800 strength..
on the flip side, if I get this RS800 will it knock out all the vhf and uhf..?

This is all compared to the stock ducky antenna that the Uniden comes with.

Thanks, Zac.

fireant

My experience has been the radio shack 800 antenna does good on UHF but its pretty deaf on VHF. Really there is no good all the way around antenna. I have mutiple antennas one for VHF, one for UHF and then a 800 however use the 800 radio shack for both 800 and UHF.

fireant

peterjmag

Spock,
To be honest with you. I wouldn't bother with the VHF or UHF in the Tulsa metro because there really is not that much. I would just use your RS 800 antenna and scan the main 800 site and you will hear plenty of action! Enjoy...

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Spock,
To be honest with you. I wouldn't bother with the VHF or UHF in the Tulsa metro because there really is not that much. I would just use your RS 800 antenna and scan the main 800 site and you will hear plenty of action! Enjoy...

Oh I don't know about that, I hear some of the funniest stuff on TCSO Lowband 155.070. Those guys and gals are pretty chatty. I have been hearing "I Kill You" for the last 7 months or more between officers on TCSO lowband, some of them actually say it pretty close to Achmeds bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.