Tulsa System: Anyone Notice Slight Decrese of Signal Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkatzjr

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I listen to the Tulsa system, and have noticed a very slight decrease in signal strength
on certain frequencies.

For over a year, my reception was excellent....---.very crisp----....even on the "weaker frequencies"

Starting on Saturday, about 70 percent still sounds excellent, but 30 percent now has mild
static in the signal.

I know their could be other variables....such as other electronics in my house..
but just wanted to see if anyone else noticed a --subtle-- decrease in reception power.

Thanks!

peterjmag

I used to think the same thing at times in the past but after further investigation and understanding what I found was not a decrease in power but more of an issue of interference or land mass. The many possibilities include, new cell phone or next tell towers or any RF of the kind. I think I remember you said you live around the 91st and Harvard area. That part of South Tulsa has many dead spots and any new cell tower would just make it that much more complicated. The only solution is put up a good antenna or if that's not possible move the scanner around the room to find the best reception. Hoped this helps...

Freqed

Premium Subscriber
There have been issue's lately, esepically this weekend I noticed a lot of static on several freq's. Haven't had to much time to listen this week to see if it has improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.