Tulsa system lost P-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
It sounds to me like everything coming through the Tulsa System is analog, dispatchers, officers and site feeds like Troop L and C, Owasso and Coweta, SS and Sapulpa.

peterjmag

That's interesting keep us advised. I won't be able to visit Tulsa until next weekend. I will give a listen to see if I hear it as well.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
apco 25 in Tulsa?

Haven't been on the site in awhile. Whats up with APCO-25 in Tulsa.
I listen to Tulsa and wide area around the city on the analog system and haven't noticed any dropping out of the system.

Please fill me in. I see the new APCO-25 system in the database, but nothing about Tulsa. Just interop.

Heard the action at the Tulsa Co. courthouse today. Analog.

thanks,

Dave

peterjmag

Dave,
What we are talking about is the dispatchers. Most of their consoles have been upgraded to P25. We know this because they sound digital when they talk kind of like a cell phone. So when they key up they sound digital where as all the other mobile and handhelds are still analog. We are not saying that the whole talkgroup is P25 even though there are a few around on the Tulsa system. The good news right now is that most traffic is still analog. Hope this makes sense?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
You will really be able to notice the difference if it ever drops out again. The ones to listen for is the new female Troop B daytime dispatcher and any of the female dispatchers from Troop L. When you listen now and the females come on they sound muffled, when the system drops out they will have their high tin sound back.

rsrohloff

Tulsa Police radios in the last part of upgrade to reband and will be working with AES encryption. Still to be seen if all or some of the frequencies are encrypted.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Tulsa Police radios in the last part of upgrade to reband and will be working with AES encryption. Still to be seen if all or some of the frequencies are encrypted.

Thanks Bob for the info, Stay safe out there and good luck with the MDT's

Status
Not open for further replies.