Tulsa Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcb4ep

hey, i am new to scanning, my scanner is a uniden bct8 with 800mhz, trunk tracker 3. i have an elevated antenna doing will with general reception of tulsa from wagoner.

question is

what is the needed info to lock in on the tulsa area trunking. i have 4 banks left,
thanks, jeff

tcb4ep

Jeff, Not real sure on what your asking here.......

In the manual for the bct8 it says it can pick up
e2-800
e2-hifi
e2-uhf
e1
ed edacs
ed sci
lt

which one do i choose to intall on bank 2, also what would be the channel or frequientcy to use?
sorry if i am asking alot. when i started thinking getting into scanning, like all things i do,, i go over board by not buying just a simple desk scanner..

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
OK Now I understand, you would want to install BA's EDACS system if your close enough, since your getting Tulsa I assume you will get BA. Go to the Database http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=625 you have to follow where the freq's are in the database to where you install them on your radio. EDACS systems have to be in whats called Logical Channel Order, starting with the next banks #1 channel (51,101 or 201) enter the first freq listed with the 01 beside and then follow with the rest as they are listed. Then in your other banks install some lowband freqs for Wagoner County if you haven't already and then you might install the Coweta or Muskogee tower of the states 800 system for OHP coverage.

Last edited:

peterjmag

hey, i am new to scanning, my scanner is a uniden bct8 with 800mhz, trunk tracker 3. i have an elevated antenna doing will with general reception of tulsa from wagoner.

question is

what is the needed info to lock in on the tulsa area trunking. i have 4 banks left,
thanks, jeff

Jeff,
If you live in Wagoner you might have a tough time hearing the Tulsa site and it might be better just to monitor the Coweta or Muskogee sites like Ray said. For Broken Arrow ahhh that could be hit and miss and nothing on that site would pertain to Wagoner. If I were at your location I would monitor all the Wagoner City and County conventional stuff http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2200
and put in the Coweta or Muskogee sites on the state 800, which ever is a better signal and monitor that. Just my 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.