Tulsa Waiver to FCC - Dec 12, 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I have read this document (see attached doc in and was wondering what it means in terms of when KNJH431,
"Tulsa" will have all rebanding complete. On page 2, Tulsa gives a date for rebanding completion.

So, with all this info about OKWIN, when will it be "ON" so to speak. I know that is a very broad question,
I just need to know when to upgrade my scanner. :)

Thanks so much.

(Attachment)

Attachments

• KNJH431 TULSA.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 163

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I have read this document (see attached doc in and was wondering what it means in terms of when KNJH431,
"Tulsa" will have all rebanding complete. On page 2, Tulsa gives a date for rebanding completion.

OKWIN is a cooperative. Sites are owned by DPS and the cities of Norman, Shawnee, Edmond, and Tulsa but all are networked together. Since each entity is a licensee, each is required to abide by FCC regs. Tulsa is simply requesting more time to complete the rebanding process.

Some sites in some systems (dunno if true for OKWIN) have been rebanded in a way that makes it possible to continue following talkgroups. Others, not so much. If you're (we're) lucky, the various OKWIN sites that need rebanding will use the former and not the latter.

If it's the latter, and your radio won't handle rebanding, you're sure outta luck. (well, you can still *hear* stuff, you just can't follow the TGs).

Somewhere in the RR Wiki, there is a list of the various trunktrackers' ability to handle rebanding.

Edit: forgot to mention - the PDF is redacted! I can't imagine what was behind those black lines that isn't in the RR DB. :)

(For the easily confused among us, remember that rebanding in the 800-MHz band is Nextel-related and has nothing to do with the on-going narrowbanding occuring mostly in the VHF bands!)

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
Yeah.....those "secretive" black-outs.... I laughed at as well. LOL

Thanks...and I am keenly aware of the differences you continue affording attention towards.

If I know how government works... I wouldn't doubt extensive delays, and the veracity of the statement
made on page 2 of the attachment to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.