WS1098: Tune Mode - Not Stopping and No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahampaull

Hey,

Playing with my 1098 in tune mode and have come across an odd issue, I do think it is user error though so go easy on me :)

When I go into Tune Mode and type in say 145.725, I hear no audio, I see it is set as au for auto but nothing is coming through, I can also see the signal as 5 bars, turning down the squelch to 0 is still silent.

If I program the frequency into a memory the audio comes through just fine.

As I am scanning in tune mode, I see it skipping pass multiple frequencies all with 5 bars.

Any ideas ?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AC9BX

Tune mode?

Which firmware version does it have. I don't know if it applies to the 1098 but being almost identical to the 1095 ... there was an issue back at firmware 2.5 where the sweeper mode would not stop on anything, fixed in 2.6.

ScannerSK

Does the same thing happen when doing a service search?

If zeromatic settings can be updated on this scanner, I would try setting them all to the default settings. Something similar to this has occurred in the past on previous models if the zeromatic settings were incorrect.

Shawn

grahampaull

I am running the latest firmware, that's the first thing I checked.

I have now narrowed it down to Zeromatic. When I set a limit search between 160.000 and 170.000 with ZM on, it just skips past everything. When I disable ZM it stops on everything albeit it is off freq since ZM is off.

How I fix this, I do not know. I do see some settings for ZM in global settings but I'm not sure what these values should be.

Could someone give me their ZM settings for me to compare with ?

ScannerSK

I'm not familiar with the WS1098 however in previous GRE/Whistler models, there were two sets of zeromatic settings: one for 5 KHz step size searches and one for other step size searches.

Within these two sets of settings there were inside width (high/low) settings and outside width (high/low) settings.

I found that if the inside width values were too close to each other the scanner would skip over activity.

How this relates to the WS1098 I'm uncertain. I had to play with the numbers to figure out how zeromatic worked on my PSR-500/600 scanners and fine tune the zeromatic settings.

Shawn

I had the same problem after updating to firmware 5.2. Emailed Whistler about it;
They advised me to increase the ZM threshold (Global settings) to about 1300 to see if it made any difference. ZM threshold setting was on very low on my TRX-1 (around 450)
After setting it to 1500 everything works fine now.

grahampaull

I had a poke around the threshold, it accepts values between 900 and 1500 but for some reason it was set at 252.

I done a reset and the value defaulted to 1183. I done another search and it is working fine now.

I am glad to report that this is now resolved :)

Thanks all for the advice.

AC9BX

Hmmm, I'll have to examine that, dig deeper. On my WS1095 with CPU 3.7 none of the searches work, even with zeromatic off. With CPU 3.6 they work as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.