Tune Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcom_chaser

Under Search Menu>Tune Mode, is there a way to directly enter a frequency, and then tune up or down from it?

Seems the radio comes up in either the top of the spectrum or the bottom...

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
But, for the 1080/1095 models without a keypad, different story. I played around with it for a few minutes the day after it was released for the 1080/1088 and there doesn't seem to be a way to directly enter a freq. without the keypad

SCPD

QRT
The scanners without a keyboard .. there is no way to use Tune Mode. I have tried it and a friend tried it (on the 1095 and 1080) .. not something you can do without that keyboard. It is more like a search mode on these models ... and no ability to change it.

Unless they have made it so confusing and just unusable. But given the existence of this thread, I think there is an issue. But we tried all the keys .. and no ability to do it.

Using a TRX1 for example .. it worked fine. :D

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The scanners without a keyboard .. there is no way to use Tune Mode. I have tried it and a friend tried it (on the 1095 and 1080) .. not something you can do without that keyboard. It is more like a search mode on these models ... and no ability to change it.

Unless they have made it so confusing and just unusable. But given the existence of this thread, I think there is an issue. But we tried all the keys .. and no ability to do it.

Using a TRX1 for example .. it worked fine. :D

There is a way, download ControlDemo (beta) from the 1080 support page on whistler's website......Poof!!! now you have a keyboard as long as your scanner is connected via usb to your PC and your running the program.. for added fun use a touch screen!

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Along the same lines as this, I thought there was a way to tune to a P25 control channel and see the System ID, Site ID, etc. Is that not possible on the WS1080?

milcom_chaser

Along the same lines as this, I thought there was a way to tune to a P25 control channel and see the System ID, Site ID, etc. Is that not possible on the WS1080?

Seems it decodes voice channels when it comes upon them during a search. Haven't
seen it decode a control channel. Thought that is a patent Uniden pays for from Motorola?

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Seems it decodes voice channels when it comes upon them during a search. Haven't
seen it decode a control channel. Thought that is a patent Uniden pays for from Motorola?

Perhaps, but I know that the RS Pro651 does it where you can tune directly to a control channel and the system/site info shows on the screen.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am planning on investigating Tune Mode over the weekend, since I liked it on the PSR-600 and wanted it on the PSR-800. Hopefully there is a remote command for it like on the PSR-600.

73 Eric

SCPD

QRT
There is a way, download ControlDemo (beta) from the 1080 support page on whistler's website......Poof!!! now you have a keyboard as long as your scanner is connected via usb to your PC and your running the program.. for added fun use a touch screen!

Doesn't fix the problem. I sent Whistler an email .. so that hopefully they will fix this issue.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't fix the problem. I sent Whistler an email .. so that hopefully they will fix this issue.

I don't know why you think This doesn't fix the problem of no key board....you can directly enter the frequency, via the keypad in the program, us the Fn buttons for short cuts, then select the mode such as analog, dmr, p25 etc. The you can scan up or down from that frequency if you desire....is tune mode supposed to work differently?.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Some key board short cuts to use with Controldemo as posted by another member:

•Fn + 0 = Tune mode
•Fn + 1 = Scan mode
•Fn + 2 = Program Menu
•Fn + 3 = Sweeper Menu
•Fn + 4 = Service Search Menu
•Fn + 5 = Limit Search
•Fn + 6 = Playback mode
•Fn + 7 =
•Fn + 8 =
•Fn + 9 = Search for objects

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I'm with edmscan... if you're somewhere portable with your 1080 and no PC on which to run that app... you gotta hold that left or right arrow key potentially a long time to scroll to a target frequency. I would have set up tune mode to work like entering a new frequency in program mode... left or right to select the decade, then up or down to set the digit.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I'm with edmscan... if you're somewhere portable with your 1080 and no PC on which to run that app... you gotta hold that left or right arrow key potentially a long time to scroll to a target frequency. I would have set up tune mode to work like entering a new frequency in program mode... left or right to select the decade, then up or down to set the digit.

Tune mode was meant and designed to be used with the 1088 and other models with a key pad...NOT the 1080 or PRO-668 or PSR-800 or other models without a numeric keypad. I supplied a work around for those models.

SCPD

QRT
Tune mode was meant and designed to be used with the 1088 and other models with a key pad...NOT the 1080 or PRO-668 or PSR-800 or other models without a numeric keypad. I supplied a work around for those models.

We shall wait for Whistler to fix it, cause it could easily be done, called up or down, left or right .. to change the frequency. Easy.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
We shall wait for Whistler to fix it, cause it could easily be done, called up or down, left or right .. to change the frequency. Easy.

Not necessarily as the the 1080 and its cousins only have some much memory to hold code and this may be the one thing that ends features being added to them.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber

From Wendy's post on 3/17/17 regarding the updates:

WS1080/88 v4.6:
* Add 'tune mode' to top Search menu

WS1095/98 v3.7:
* Add 'tune mode' to top Search menu

The models I've bolded have no keypad... they should have made it work for those models too.

And yes, Wackyracer, you supplied a workaround for those models without a numeric keypad, true that. But only tied to a PC running the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.