Tunica County TRS (Rebanding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I've reprogrammed Tunica County's system with the new freqs and tried to listen last night while I was down there with no luck (although I did win a few bucks on the blackjack table).

Went into ARC 396 and set up the band plan according to the directions also.

Any ideas from anyone?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Matt... Next time your there first do a search and see what CC etc you come up with as its been a few months since we had any confirmation and data on it after it finished up rebanding. All the freqs are right per the lic, and 3 of the four CC's being used are the ones we have in the db. So we do need current info on it. Also you will not need an special plan for this system as all they did was remove ONE freq. You only need to worry about the new rebanded bandplans if they add lower tier freqs on the 851.XXXX - 854.XXXX or do the split shift in the 86X.XXXX ranges... One most of the rebanded systems in MS all they did was give Nextel and SoLINC a few off the upper 860.XXXX tier. There are I believe 3 or 4 they have added the lower tier requiring the new bandplans.

Last edited by a moderator:

KE5TLF

Don't mess with any of that rebanding stuff in arc396. Just download it and transfer to you scanner the same way you've always done.

Even though technically the system has been "rebanded" in the strictest interpretation of "rebanding" the frequencies that are changed require no alteration to anything from the way you did it prior to the so called "rebanding". The new freqs are still within the old channel numbering scheme.

This is the same case for the vast majority of trunked systems that have "rebanded" in MS. If it doesn't have freqs. in 851-854 range then it's no different than what you've been doing since day one.

On a final note make sure you download all the freqs. too. They CC quite possibly could have rolled to one that is not marked as a CC in database.

gray6077

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to them right now. They are using CC 859.9875. Voice hits on 856.9875, 857.9875, and CC. Something strange, though. Unitrunker shows several hits on freq. 000.0000 LCN of 399. The CC LCN is 319. Connect tone shows 116.13.

I downloaded via RR just this afternoon so I assume everything is correct.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Youll need to computate the freq for that LCN. I used to know the mathematical formula for that...

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Don't mess with any of that rebanding stuff in arc396. Just download it and transfer to you scanner the same way you've always done.

Even though technically the system has been "rebanded" in the strictest interpretation of "rebanding" the frequencies that are changed require no alteration to anything from the way you did it prior to the so called "rebanding". The new freqs are still within the old channel numbering scheme.

This is the same case for the vast majority of trunked systems that have "rebanded" in MS. If it doesn't have freqs. in 851-854 range then it's no different than what you've been doing since day one.

On a final note make sure you download all the freqs. too. They CC quite possibly could have rolled to one that is not marked as a CC in database.

Sounds good. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I am listening to them right now. They are using CC 859.9875. Voice hits on 856.9875, 857.9875, and CC. Something strange, though. Unitrunker shows several hits on freq. 000.0000 LCN of 399. The CC LCN is 319. Connect tone shows 116.13.

I downloaded via RR just this afternoon so I assume everything is correct.

I downloaded the system from RR as well prior to me going down there this weekend. I'll try it again and see what's going on . Thanks.

bama9999

I was there for a while Monday night and I picked up Tunica county radio traffic just fine. I'm using the same info as what's in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.