Tuning a Pro-2050 for narrowbanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzman66

Hi all,
A small issue. I have a couple Pro-2050s. All work well, but I have noticed since one of our local depts went to a narrowband frequency (472.575), my ONE unit just seems to be off tune a little on that specific channel. it will stop on the channel without a problem, but the audio is low and distorted/off tune, It is obviously a internal tuning issue as I tried the same antennas on my other units and all work ok on those and that channel. I do not have the schematics for the 2050, but if anyone knows which coil/adjuster would do the trick, please let me know.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately I doubt that it's a simple 'adjustment'; you're going to need a newer radio that will support narrowbanding. There are many inexpensive analog-only scanners out there, and most all the newer models can handle narrowbanding

best regards..Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Perhaps - did you search for a service manual? It's more likely with a scanner that old (it's the base model of the PRO-90 - the first RS trunktracker) that it's some component(s) that are beginning to go south.

Like I said, not likely to be a 'simple adjustment'...best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.