Tuolumne County Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone on mymotherlode.com http://mymotherlode.com/Fire_Information/scanner.php

There is a online police scanner of Tuolumne county and when I listen to it it seems to be working with normal traffic, but there is also a barage of buzzes and garbled noises. I would like to see if other people are having this problem when they listen? Thanks and please let me know. -Louie-

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Tuolumne County California

I visit mymotherlode.com all the time. I experience the same thing from that site as you do. What it sounds like is that they have some frequencies programmed for which they do not get good reception. I visit the area all the time and have compared what I am receiving with the site. When there I receive stuff just fine so I am pretty sure it s a problem by the media outlet that runs the site. Now that I have an outside antenna at home (80 miles away) I am able to hear most things (Cal Fire is what I am most interested in) w/o using the site.

Thanks for responding gmclam! Have you ever thought of doing your own online feed of tuolumne county. If you could that would be great. I used to visit my grandpa there all the time and always had the CDF going on my scanner. I miss the scanning very much, and try to listen to the online feed, but sometimes the buzzing drives me crazy. Thanks -Louie-

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Streaming

Yes I have thought about doing my own feed, although I wasn't considering Tuolumne that much. There just is not that much traffic there. I'd like to stream the CHP (because I have scanners that can track the duplex setup) and fire agencies for as far as I can receive. I've got the scanners, and I've got the Internet connection. Ironically I need another computer which I'd dedicate to this function. All of the computers I have now are busy doing other things and I want one dedicated to this function.

One side issue I've considered is I'd also want some alpha text to go along with what you're hearing. I've considered changing the CPUs in my custom scanners to make that possible.

sweet, looking foward to your feed, if you ever get it going. Thats cool you are wanting to have alpha tags! Its good to know who you are listening to. Keep the idea in mind and keep me updated. Thanks -Louie-

Thanks for adding this dude!!! :) I listen everyday to it, it is very clear and great. What scanner are you using? are you using a outdoor antenna? Thanks -Louie-

kg6yll

Thanks for your kind words. I'm using a tried and true Radio Shack Realistic PRO2004. The antenna is a copper j-pole which I built myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.