turn off CUSTON SEARCH 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt992

Premium Subscriber
How do I turn off CUSTON SEARCH It stared on it's own. I would love to see firmware that I could remove
it from the scanner along with CloseCall, and the GPS.

gsquared18

Premium Subscriber
Could this be the solution?

Startup Key Operation
You can setup a Startup Key Configuration so that the scanner can change the
lockout for each system or each site by pressing an assigned key while you power
up the scanner or an opening screen is displayed. Navigate to Set Startup Key
there are differences in the menu structure for Trunked and Conventional systems.

Assign all the systems/sites that you want to scan at the same time to the same
startup key [0] to [9]. You can only assign a site/system to one startup key. To
leave a system unassigned, press [.No].

Last edited:

dirt992

Premium Subscriber
no, there are 10 custon search menu that are runing this is not systems that i have prog. into the scanner.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Menu-> Search For...->Edit Custom->Select Custom Search Range #->Search with Scan->Set Lockout->Lockout On.

Marshall KE4ZNR

svtyone

i did the function l/o deal and it worked but its only a temp l/o so everytime i turn on the scanner its going to do this. i was listening just fine last night batteries died put new in this morning and custom search is on how would that happen. well i went thru steps in post #4 and it is back to normal. thanks guys for the info

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Then you didn't do the entire function l/o deal, which is F+L/O, L/O (twice).

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you have programming software, assign System Quick Keys to the search ranges. That will allow you to turn them on and off easier. It can be done with Service Searches as well. I don't believe you can do that through the Menus via the keypad.

chris

DJ88

You are correct i didnt push l/o twice if ir happens again i will try it again . Does that work on any channel?

Yes. Hitting L/O once temporarily locks out. When you turn the scanner off and back on again, whatever you locked out will scan again. Hitting L/O twice permanently locks out. The only way to unlock is to go through the menu, I think. If anyone knows of a different method, please post. And yes, this works on any channel. However, I believe it you just want to lock out a channel, you don't have to hit Function first. Just L/O or LO/LO. That's the way it works on my 996T but I don't know if the XT models are different. I wouldn't think so, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.