Turn off the service scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kd8otd

This is making me crazy. I have the BCD996P2 and have programmed it using FreeScan and RadioReference data. The frequencies are programmed, and they work fine.

When I turn the radio on (and almost immediately press the “Hold” button), the stations I programmed come up immediately, and I can switch between them using the tuning knob. So far, so good.

The problem comes in when I hit the scan button. It goes through the systems I entered and then continues through the interminable list of “service stations” Racing, Air, Hams, and so forth. There are many of these systems, and it wastes a huge amount of time going through all of them.

How can I simply turn on the radio and let it scan through the dozen or systems that I have programmed in without all the other stuff?

I *THINK* I have the system quick keys programmed correctly, and I CAN hear calls on the frequencies. It’s just the scanning part of all this that’s causing me headaches.

Is there a “Turn off service scan” button somewhere in FreeScan? On the radio itself?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Press FUNC+L/O L/O (yes twice) while in the service you want to lock out.

Yes, FreeScan's user guide - which is hosted in our wiki - has a form for configuring service searches linked from here...(and it's available from the online help selection within Freescan)

Freescan Options - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Kd8otd

Thanks— I finally figured it out. There’s a dialog under Scanner Settings that had a place to lock out the various services, and although I’d seen it all along, I couldn’t figure out why it didn’t work.

... Then I figured out that I had to select and set each service individually after choosing the service from a drop down box. It’s not intuitive, but it’s doing exactly what I want now.

Thanks!

FeedForward

Comment from another new 996P2 user: the above symptoms are driving me crazy also. Uploaded a frequency database, which worked OK. After I pressed the wrong buttons, the scanner began searching WX, Close Call and HAM frequencies.:confused:
I have both ARCXT and ProScan. Neither of them has obvious ways to delete Close Call (found it on the squelch button), stop the WX scan, etc. Funny that the documentation for both ARCXT and ProScan is pretty feeble when it comes to service searches. Turning service searches off seems impossible via the scanner's menu system. :mad:

The virtual control in ProScan is really well done. You can rotate the function knob with your mouse pointer to select menu items, instead of clicking your brains out as in ARCXT.

-FF

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Neither of them has obvious ways to delete Close Call (found it on the squelch button), stop the WX scan, etc.

What about the ProScan Control box located on the right side of the Virtual Scanner in the upper corner? If's not showing then click the square to toggle views. Click the Jump button then the Scan item. Is that what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.