Turning charging off on Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

weisej

I got a question about the charging of a pro 106 how would I go about making sure the batterys don't charge in the scanner. Would I just have to switch the battery type to alkaline thent use my rechargables in the yellow holder?Or is there other settings in the scanners menu. I would like to charge on a third party charger without ruining my 106?

DonS

Setting the battery type to "Alkaline" in the PGM GLOB menu will disable the charger while the scanner is turned ON. If the scanner is turned OFF, that setting has no effect and the charger will be active.

As chrizby said above, use the black battery holder. That's the only way to guarantee that the batteries will not be charged in case you leave the scanner plugged into external power while it's turned off.

SCPD

QRT
I got a question about the charging of a pro 106 how would I go about making sure the batterys don't charge in the scanner. Would I just have to switch the battery type to alkaline thent use my rechargables in the yellow holder?Or is there other settings in the scanners menu. I would like to charge on a third party charger without ruining my 106?

Please see pg 104 of the manual.
PGM > F3/GLOB > Charge Time > SEL > 00 > ENT
Now you can set the battery type to NiMH and not worry about early voltage warnings on your batteries.

As long as you don't use the yellow holder the batteries will never be charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.